Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Engine test stand???

Anybody out there build their own engine test stand. Do you have pix and/or drawings you'd like to share? My winter project is a 2.7 w/9.5:1 JE's, E-cams, carbs etc. I'd like to debug/tune it , burn it in on a test stand. Once that's complete i'll look around for a roller to drop it in or......

thx,
Al

P.S. I'm Autocad, Solidworks literate so drawings files, 2D or 3D are a good thing.
[B]Current projects: 69-911.5, Previous:73 911X (off to SanFrancisco/racing in Germany).77 911S (NY), 71E (France/Corsica), 66-912 ( France), 1970 914X (Wisconsin) 76 911S roller..off to Florida/Germany
RGruppe #669,
http://www.x-faktory.com/
Old 01-16-2005, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I would like to build one also.

Jeff
Old 01-16-2005, 02:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Banned

It is more easier using your own chassis for an engine stand,than building your own stand,it will take you even more time to set it up ,than doing it on your car,trust me I have done this before, (and I do this for a living),used once,did start up the engine ,oh look how cute it looks on it! thats about it .,cheers,Antonio.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Wayne,
Thanks. I had to go out to the garage to get my book. Yes like that one. Any other pix? Good detail on the mounting and oil system. What is a good system for fuel? I'll probably always have one engine underway, at any given time, so I will probably need to set it up for both high and low pressure systems. I can design my own based on the pix, but I was hoping that someone out there had done that already and maybe had drawings or even better yet CAD files.

Antonio,
What problems did you have?
[B]Current projects: 69-911.5, Previous:73 911X (off to SanFrancisco/racing in Germany).77 911S (NY), 71E (France/Corsica), 66-912 ( France), 1970 914X (Wisconsin) 76 911S roller..off to Florida/Germany
RGruppe #669,
http://www.x-faktory.com/
Old 01-16-2005, 05:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Banned from Pelican

All you need is something to hold the engine off the ground. Use the stock motor mount and make some feet for it, add something for the tranny, nothing fancy just something to hold it up, thats all there is to it.

For oil , add another couple of feet and the oil tank. For fuel add a small fuel can and a hose, make it a couple feet taller than the rest of the engine and make sure it can't tip over easily. Thats it, no rocket science.

The engine runs so smooth that you needn't worry about it jumping off the mount or even rocking it.

PS if you have a hard time figuring it out from this, just mount it in the car and try it.

Last edited by snowman; 01-16-2005 at 10:46 PM..
Old 01-16-2005, 10:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: