Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

injector question 3.2

can someone explain this blue cap? I got six of these rebuilt injectors and put them in, I didn't mess with the end sleeve at all, and I got no spray out of them. So I took them all back out. two of them left their blue sleeves in the bore for the injector. I put my old ones back in with the orange/yellow sleeve and sprayed, started fine. One by one I tested these new ones at the number one cyl. Four of them wouldn't spray at all. Of the two that left their blue sleeves in the runners, one of them I pushed the blue sleeve back on tight and it sprayed contstantly until pressure in the rail bled off. The other one I put a new yellow sleeve from one of the oring kits from pelican. It seemed to spray fine so I left it in, put it all back together and it stated fine and runs fine. I cant fugure it out. From the beginning I had all six in with rags underneath to catch the gas, but nothing came out. I ran the pump for a while before actually cranking it over, And I was getting good pressure at the test port.
I swear I'm missing something. I'd bet a paycheck these are good injectors, I just did something wrong. The bosch book didn't say much.
Old 10-13-2005, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

the blue isn't just a protective cap from the injector rebuilder, is it? Sounds like one of them sprayed with the blue cap on, though...
Old 10-13-2005, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Lukesportsman
sometimes the needles get stuck from dried fuel. A little acetone should open them up. Hard to tell in the photo what the blue part actually is.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: