Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Porsche 911T (1969)

Garage
Question MSD 6A and Original Bosh CD unit

Hi,

I am refurbishing an 911T from 1969 in Portugal and I bought a MSD 6A ingnition and Tach adapter.

After read the instructions and consult several forum threads I have a doubt: Could I take off the old Bosh CD box or the MSD 6A works with it?

My doubt comes from the fact that I wll need to use the actual coil cables to connect to the MSD and then connect other cables from MSD to the coil. So it seems that it use some processes from the old CD box that is in the middle???

Please help!!!

Regards,
Carlos Domingos
Old 11-05-2010, 11:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The MSD will replace the original CD box. You dont use both.
Old 11-06-2010, 07:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdomingos170 View Post
Hi,

I am refurbishing an 911T from 1969 in Portugal and I bought a MSD 6A ingnition and Tach adapter.

After read the instructions and consult several forum threads I have a doubt: Could I take off the old Bosh CD box or the MSD 6A works with it?

My doubt comes from the fact that I wll need to use the actual coil cables to connect to the MSD and then connect other cables from MSD to the coil. So it seems that it use some processes from the old CD box that is in the middle???

Please help!!!

Regards,
Carlos Domingos
Search.

'76 911s Ice Green Metallic bone stock
Old 11-06-2010, 09:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Porsche 911T (1969)

Garage
Quote:

Quote de cdomingos170

Hi,

Please help!!!

Regards,

Carlos Domingos

Search.
Mr Calling911 thank you very much for your help!!!
I bought the 2 Dempsey books, i a m refurbishing my car for almost 1 year, do you think that I dont know what is to search....
If I put a post here was because I need help. Dont you think so?
Old 11-06-2010, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: