Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

cis long term storage problems?

I have the complete cis package from a 75 911S. It has been in storage for 12 or 15 years after cars total and engine take out. storage has been indoors with heat the entire time. I used short block for another project and now wonder what to do with cis,complete from air filter to intake tubes. I would like to sell but don't want to represent that it is as excellent as it was at time of wreck if time and storage will make it problematic for next person. Thoughts? thanks Henry
Old 08-27-2016, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You can test it if you have access to compressed air, and perhaps a regulator.

For starters, see if the plunger in the fuel distributor moves up and down easily.

Maybe put some kerosene, or Marvel Mystery Oil, in the fuel filter, remove the injectors from the ends of the fuel lines and the outlet of the WUR, and pressurize the filter and see if, after raising the plunger, you can get some fluid to come out of all seven other openings - you'd have to plug return lines most likely,

Or see what Tony has to say - he rebuilds this stuff and may have some short cuts to see if it is working before he disassembles.
Old 08-27-2016, 05:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: