Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 Engine Rebuilding Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsM View Post
Hi there, just stumbled over this thread here. I'm doing exactly the same job as you and I'm at the same stage as you aswell. I have a Instagram profile where I post some of pictures (LarsMK). Maybe I should start my own thread here...

That said, I've just shipped of my engine to one of the three Posche Classic Centres in the world for them the evaluate the engine longblock parts. I'll probably ask them to finish of the longblock as I will get some good papers on the job. The rest of the job I do entirely by myself. They charge 25 hours to build the longblock since I've already have it in parts. I'd probably spent 2 months doing the same job over the weekends I've got.

I'd love to share some experience. The biggest challenge I've had this far is a rounded off head stud barrel nut.... that was a real PITA!

Looking forward to follow your progress.
Please start your own thread around working with the Porsche Classic Center, that will be very interesting! For the OP - don’t be afraid to clean the case yourself with toothbrushes, green scrubbing pads, razor blades, simple green, brakeKleen, water and elbow grease, followed by a high pressure air blast (leaf blower is good). It will take a while but the results will be good.

https://dergarage.com

'80 SC Weissach, '01 986S, '99 C2 Cab, '97 TJ, '01 Disco SE7, '06 KTM SM950
Old 12-01-2017, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #141 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: