Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Used to ride a motorcycle

Question Attn: Wunderlichers

How do you attach the rear of the Wunderlich tail pack? The front is pretty obvious ... but the back, with it's short straps, appears to defy any logical means of mounting.

Old 07-30-2004, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Don't know since I don't have one, but the small luggage straps that go on in place of the system case mounts would probably be a good spot for a nylon strap to go through. They're pretty close to the seat too. Shown as number 6 and 7 in diagram. Otherwise you could probably wrap the straps aroungd the luggage mounts if you have them on.

'98 R1100S - Triple Clamps, 10mm Shortened Telelever
2007 Ducati S2R1000, 2008 KTM 990SDR
Old 07-30-2004, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Question Kochmann street boots

Any of you guys ever used these street boots? I just got mine from an online order. Once they're on they feel and fit great but what a be-otch to get on! Wondering if they might stretch over time. Also can anyone give me an idea of the difference between the European size 42 versus a 43?

thanks!

I was born a rightie but now I'm a leftie.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

OOPS Sorry JAS

My bad, shoulda been a new thread

I was born a rightie but now I'm a leftie.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by motoyoyo
Don't know since I don't have one, but the small luggage straps that go on in place of the system case mounts would probably be a good spot for a nylon strap to go through. They're pretty close to the seat too. Shown as number 6 and 7 in diagram. Otherwise you could probably wrap the straps aroungd the luggage mounts if you have them on.

I think you're exactly right ... it's designed to go through the #7 loop. Which I don't have.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Re: OOPS Sorry JAS

Quote:
Originally posted by flatbutt
My bad, shoulda been a new thread
LOL NP who hasn't hijacked a thread before?

Never heard of Kochmann boots but they don't look half-bad.

Old 07-30-2004, 05:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Talk Less, Say More

Location: Moab Utah. Home of wierd red & orange radioactive stuff...
Garage
Looking at the logo those are obviously bus driver boots, not motorcycle boots.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

JAS, you gotta let me know how you like the Wunder tailbag! I was eyeing that 'cause it seemed to make much more sense than a tank bag on the S. I don't have passenger pegs and never take anyone pillion, so the space is there for the taking. What did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking ...
Song of the Open Road
(Apologies to Walt Whitman for paving the path ...)
Old 07-30-2004, 06:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to RoundelRider
Quote:
Originally posted by JustAnotherSquid
I think you're exactly right ... it's designed to go through the #7 loop. Which I don't have.
Hey crazie, them are the loops I was tellin ya about one morning before we blasted off. Go order you some, I bet theyll have to come from Gremany so dont hold your breath!

Correct me if Im wrong (and I know someone will), but dont ya have to have #6, the little base mounting too if you only have the loops, they come off when you have the luggage rails on....right???

Last edited by RoundelRider; 07-30-2004 at 06:53 PM..
Old 07-30-2004, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Glad the bag got there - and I had no idea you didn't have strap loops on your S
Would be kinda tough to figure out the intent of those straps without the loops....
Old 07-30-2004, 07:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

JAS,

I had those short straps lengthen about 4". Now they go around my system case brackets.

Ray
Laser Exhaust
Laser Chip
Old 07-31-2004, 01:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by PaddyDaddyO
JAS, you gotta let me know how you like the Wunder tailbag! I was eyeing that 'cause it seemed to make much more sense than a tank bag on the S. I don't have passenger pegs and never take anyone pillion, so the space is there for the taking. What did you pay for it, if you don't mind me asking ...
I paid $110 for it used, including shipping, and it looks brand new.

To make it work right though, the bag mounts have to come off, and I'm not sure that's what I want to do.

If not, it'll be for sale, for $110 including shipping.
Old 07-31-2004, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by RTAYLOR
I had those short straps lengthen about 4". Now they go around my system case brackets.
Who lengthened them for you? Did they sew on and additional strap?
Old 07-31-2004, 03:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Barback King

D-ring

My wife can up with a good hosey idea.
Use D-rings found at a hose tack shop in place of the OEM loops.
THe loops are removed when you have bagmounnts like I do.
Just sandwich the loops between the mounts and the screw holes. Looks good and works good. A little tight for cinching but so what.
THe OEM loops come standrad bur use the same holes as the bag mounts
My2Sense

Old 07-31-2004, 04:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

JAS, I have that bag with system case mounts, too, and here's what works: slide those short straps behind the back of the seat, then up through the hand grab thingies, and cinch them through the buckles thataway. I've done this and cruised at 90 mph and the bag stays put. It's nice and tight. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow if it doesn't make sense.

It's a great bag, no need to abandon it, it will work with those system case mounts.

Last edited by lemec; 07-31-2004 at 07:57 PM..
Old 07-31-2004, 07:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

JAS,

I just bought some webbing from the local REI. Then took it to my tailor and had him sew it on with some nylon thread.

Ray
Laser Exhaust
Laser Chip
Old 07-31-2004, 08:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

JAS, don't get rid of that bag... if you still want, I'll snap a couple pix of how I mounted it... was planning to do it yesterday, then today, but it's been raining like mad... my garage is coming, someday...
Old 08-02-2004, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Those Wunderlich tail bags are really a great storage solution.

I liked the one on my S so much, I got one for my GS as well.

They have a really clever zipped expander panel.

Good stuff, for sure. Not the cheapest, but buy the best and only cry once. >8]
03 BMW R1150GS
01 BMW R1100S (sold)
01 KTM Duke II (for sale)
Old 08-02-2004, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

I tie my rear straps tie around the rear of my luggage rail. Through the 'eye' in the center and then through the plastic piece on the bag.

Old 08-02-2004, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

I wonder if these bags came with two different size straps; these seem very short and I can't loop them around the system case mounts anywhere at all:

So I slide them between the rear edge of the seat and the hand grab thing:

Pull them out:

And cinch them down with major fingertip pressure, so they end up nice and tight like this:

And I've got tons of crap to do, but had to go for a ride to test it... again (for the billionth time). The bag is solid like this. HTH.

Old 08-03-2004, 05:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: