Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

OT - R11S on "The Loop" Sunday, 6/10

Was watching the new (is it new? Season 1 is on DVD already) show, "The Loop" on Fox last night (because nothing else was on, I didn't feel like watching Cleveland get slaughtered again, and I still have 4 more weeks before I can ride).

In any case, the boss character loaned his underling his bike for a date. The bike was a Red R1100S. All the scenes were dark, so I couldn't tell if it was an early model DDP, or a late model Dark red.

Of course, when it was in the guy's apartment, it somehow morphed into a Suzuki Bandit or something, but any time it was actually moving, it was an S.

The BMW logo was also alternately visible or blurred depending on the scene.

Chalk one up for the home team, but fire the continuity editor!

Wish I had it DVR'ed or taped, I could upload screen caps.

Former bikes: '93 R100R, '93 K1100LT, '02 R1150RT, '03 K1200GT, '97 F650ST
Old 06-11-2007, 10:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
saw that too. also noticed that the bike "morphed" from a BMW to a japanese model....even though they made believe it was Italian....plus the owner/boss referred to it as "the hog". all of it was very confusing......almost as hard to follow as the old "then came bronson" opening segment.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

yeah I'm with you guys, I was watching and trying to make sense when "hey, that's my bike" then the next time on camerait wasn't, maybe they had to do the crash twice or they did the crash first in filming? Anyway was it me or did the show seem stupid?
Old 06-11-2007, 02:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

How many engine sound effects were included? Hollywood is good at blending a Harley with 2-smoke with 4-cylinder 4-stoke!!!
'73 YAM RD350
'71 HON SL70
Old 06-11-2007, 02:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Actually, I was quite pleased that the bike sounded like an R11S, or at least like a boxer-twin. It didn't go "potato-potatoe-potato", and it didn't sound like an inline-4 jap bike, either.

But yes, the show made little sense and was quite "out there" in terms of cohesion and comedy. I guess I might have to watch and pay more attention to "get it", like with Arrested Development, which was brilliant once you got into it. Then again, it might just suck, too.

Former bikes: '93 R100R, '93 K1100LT, '02 R1150RT, '03 K1200GT, '97 F650ST
Old 06-11-2007, 03:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by bradzdotcom
.....almost as hard to follow as the old "then came bronson" opening segment.
Man, I can't remember back that far to have a clue as to what was confusing about the Bronson intro... Brad you must be old with a great memory or young and just saw a rerun.....its kinda like the old (there's that qualifyer again) saying: "if you remember the 60's, you weren't there....

Brock

2016 S1000XR,2001 R1100 SA: Wunderlich Seat, Staintunes, Wilbers F/R
2004 MV Agusta Brutale S
1973 BMW 2002 Touring tii, '12 LR4, 86 Mondial 3.2 QV, 02 996 Turbo
Old 06-11-2007, 03:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
TB, i have an excuse. some friends worked stunts on the opening. it went from a "real" harley, to an italian 2-stroke harley to, i believe a CZ, all through the 2 minute opening segment.
kind of like what mert lawill did on his on any sunday 'fun ride' segment.
wish i could find out where they buy those morphing bikes. the right combo could be a lot of fun.

...and no, i didn't understand the show either. seemed rather stupid. won't tune in to that one again. the receptionist in a bikini was a nice touch, but not worth suffering through the rest of the 22 minutes.

Old 06-11-2007, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: