Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW R1100S / R1200S Tech Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Thread Killer

It was a complete scorcher over the weekend (heat index well over 100), and these guys stood out in the middle of a concrete frying pan for 3 hours with no shade.

Dean's trying to figure out how these confusers work

Praying to the gods of fuel...

Everyone is anxiously watching the finish line with the checkered flag about to drop.

Annoyingly, the checkered flag was waved.. then quickly pulled back for the white flag 3 times. Until finally the checkered flew for the #6 Aprilia team.

After the race, talking shop

Other MotoST bikes
hmmm, I love the smell of roast duck in the morning.

We camped right across from the race track. It was my wife's birthday, so I had to divide my time between family and racing. Luckily, I convinced her sister and parents to come up which gave me some extra time at the track.

Old 07-09-2007, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Thread Killer

The doodles... aren't they cute.

The doodles taking a nap with Melinda's little sister

Full Gallery here
Old 07-09-2007, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Hey great pics! It was also mutual in meeting you and your friend! SteveC, lol, I was insinuating Grandpa Hoon riding his pit scooter from one end of the paddock to the other, and how many times he stops and tels the story, its different at the other end! Just funny, but Dean does all he can to help.

ALot of people found out what it is really like at the track. So many BMW fans there and Im glad we all could put on a show!

VIR in Sept. is wide open, come on down when you have the time!

N8!
Old 07-09-2007, 03:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Sounds like a good time. Nice job Nate.
How'd you guys divide up the stints?
1.5 ours each, or a pair of 45mins each or what?
We ran a 6hour endurance Sat with 2 teammates and me and just ran a pair of 1 hour stints each. It was early from a fuel standpoint, but it was mostly just for fun, and there was no way to get the riders roughly equal time and go the hour+20 mins that we think the beast will go. I'm going to have to go out to a test track and see how long I can run before hitting reserve and see if I can't build a better pit strategy around it. We have the championship more or less wrapped up (though anything can happen in endurance - just look at BMW at Catalunya or our own last outing at Hallett where we got our asses handed to us)
Still, it would be good to know in case things tighten up.

Do you guys run to the last drop?

OnRoad OffRoad Cycles, Austin, TX: BMW, Ital, Suspension, Electrics
Dealer for K-Tech, JRI, GP Suspension, Penske, Íhlins, RaceTech, Elka, Wilbers, IKON & Works
www.ororcycle.com

CMRA EXPERT #841
Various Formula 5, 6 & 7 championships 2006-2012

A3, Navigator,
Old 07-09-2007, 04:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Hey Roger!!!!!! You know it's still a learning curve for all of us. As a team Brian and I try to make the right decisions from an experience standpoint, but it has to be communicated effectively.

For sure we do not ever wnat to go to the last drop. Glad to hear about your championship run, it feels good to see the the results as the season goes past half way. I want for your team what you want, success and that championship!

let me know if there is anything can do to help?!

N8!
Old 07-09-2007, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Roger, the Moto ST BMW's have a maxium allowable fuel limit of 4 1/2 gallons per the rules and we get about 16 MPG racing.

www.motorcyclistcafe.com
www.sjbmwracing.com
Old 07-09-2007, 06:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: