Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW X1, X3, X4, X5 & X6 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Exclamation 2006 X5 hood release not working

I have a 2006 X5 3.0i that the hood release wonít work. Dealership says that the driver side latch is getting bound up and the cables all need to replaced. I am trying to look at which cable and replace myself but I canít get it to open. I found the little circle hole hear the headlight in the grill, but am unsure what I am looking for. A slot to turn? Something that I am suppose to just hit or strike with the screwdriver?
Old 08-30-2018, 07:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
This is a perfect video to fix this. Have to wait till tomorrow to try it as I am working till late tonight. I will let you all know if it worked! https://binged.it/2PVkM2O
Old 08-31-2018, 10:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Here is a DIY from our site on the procedure as well. I hope this along with your video will be sufficient.

https://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/BMW-X5/126-INTERIOR-Hood_Release_Cables_and_Latches/126-INTERIOR-Hood_Release_Cables_and_Latches.htm
Old 08-31-2018, 03:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
e53 , hood , release