Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 2- BMW Forums > BMW Technical Forums > BMW Z3/Z4 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
CarreraCrazy

Garage
Cool Z4 - pic; whats missing?

I am about to buy my first BMW. Its a Z4... but when looking at it I noticed what looks like should be 3 tubes coming out of the firewall on the passenger side (LH drive), only one is connected the other two look like something tore off??.
I took the attached pic, can someone tell me whats missing? The car is in great shape otherwise.
(anything else i should look out for??)

thanks,
ATreat
Old 05-28-2017, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
frankle951

Bad picture ????
Old 08-08-2017, 02:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I don't have a clear photo of that area from prior to pulling the engine that I can post as a reference, but as far as I can see from comparing to my car, there's nothing missing in that photo. Those are pass-through gaskets for wiring looms, and on my '06 Z4M at least, only one of them is in use. Looks like the other gaskets are in rough shape on that one - I'd be curious to know what wires the PO had pulled through there.

Look for additional evidence of a high-wattage stereo, or previous turbocharging / nitrous / etc. install that would have had wires pulled into the cabin through the firewall.

What engine does this Z4 have?
Old 08-25-2017, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreat View Post
I am about to buy my first BMW. Its a Z4... but when looking at it I noticed what looks like should be 3 tubes coming out of the firewall on the passenger side (LH drive), only one is connected the other two look like something tore off??.
I took the attached pic, can someone tell me whats missing? The car is in great shape otherwise.
(anything else i should look out for??)

thanks,
ATreat

Hello and congrats on the upcoming purchase. To help you get more familiar with the Z4 platform, I've attached a link to our site's DIY tech articles. Please let us know if you have any questions!

BMW Z4M (2003-2008) Technical Article Directory | DIY maintenance and repair projects for BMW e85 Z4 and Z4M model years 2003-2008 | Pelican Parts
Old 08-25-2017, 02:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: