Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Boxster & Cayman Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Question on Stereo Replacement

I want to replace my stereo with a modern system that allows for spotify and Map/Gps.

The one I want is outrageously expensive in my opinion at $1200 (Alpine). When looking at this in the Crutchfield catalog, I see that there is additional charges for installation package that enables you to install without cutting wires, etc..

Then, I was looking at Suncoast Porsche and they sell a trim package for aftermarket stereo to help it look more factory and also includes a wiring installation package. The package is around the same price as Crutchfield at $275 BUT, if you have Bose Surround (I do) and want to use the Bose Amplifier (I Do), this drives the price to $775. Good grief, a new stereo is going to end up being $2k by the time I'm done. And, it's $500 more just to connect to Bose? Should I be replacing the Bose amp, I'm sure and Alpine amp is less.

Just venting!
'16 BMW R Nine T (the fun one) & '17 BMW G310R
Old 05-17-2018, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

The reason the Bose system is so expensive is that it uses the MOST bus, which is fiber optic, instead of the normal wires on the non-Bose system.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks for the info. I bought the factory install kit - it better sound good cause that was expensive - ouch!
'16 BMW R Nine T (the fun one) & '17 BMW G310R
Old 05-22-2018, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: