Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Regional Forums > California / SouthWest - US (AZ/NV)

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
going to California....

In January my wife and I will be flying to San Francisco from Canada. Will not be taking the Boxster as it is too far to drive (for my wife anyway). Would like to know from those in the SFO area, what are the best areas for doing wine tours without driving too far? This is our third trip to SFO and would like to go further afield. Your comments would be appreciated! Any favourite restaurants in the Redwood City /Belmont area? Preferred hotels within an hour of San Franc.?Stayed at Holiday Inn Express/Belmont(1650 El Camino) last time , reasonable price, good service. Is Carmel worth drive? How about Napa Valley?
Cheers,
Guy
Old 11-06-2011, 12:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled sixtie View Post
In January my wife and I will be flying to San Francisco from Canada. Will not be taking the Boxster as it is too far to drive (for my wife anyway). Would like to know from those in the SFO area, what are the best areas for doing wine tours without driving too far? This is our third trip to SFO and would like to go further afield. Your comments would be appreciated! Any favourite restaurants in the Redwood City /Belmont area? Preferred hotels within an hour of San Franc.?Stayed at Holiday Inn Express/Belmont(1650 El Camino) last time , reasonable price, good service. Is Carmel worth drive? How about Napa Valley?
Cheers,
Guy
Guy how many days are you staying? Napa is considered the wine area in CA by many but there are other areas that have great wineries that are more off the beaten tourist trap. It depends on the length of your stay how far off the beaten track you can go and still have a relaxed trip. The Dry Creek Road wineries out of Healdsburg and Cloverdale as well as some very good emerging wineries in the Clearlake/Lakeport area.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
about...

Thanks Ron. We will be staying about 7 days and renting a car. I dont mind a few hours a day of driving. Out of the way and less tourists appeals more. I imagine these tours are year round even if out of the way?
Guy
Old 11-06-2011, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: