Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > European Car Forums > MINI Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Cooper s R56. 4EE9 ERROR

Hi everybody!
I have this error 4EE9 in my Mini Cooper s automatic gearbox
Every morning when is cold outside the gearbox is going in limp mode. After 20 min car running fine all day, gearbox change very good without noises
Only when is cold in first start in the morning
I replace transmision fluid and filter, coolant temperature sensor but the problem still
No transmision fault codes
Only I have this error 4EE9 input/output turbocharger speed sensor
Somebody know can be?
Can be something with the throttle body? Because I noticed car start good but before the transmision comes on dash the car is reving itself
Old 03-24-2019, 01:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hi Eugene, Did you repair this error 4EE9?

i have the same trouble with my r56 2007

Thank you.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by camo311 View Post
Hi Eugene, Did you repair this error 4EE9?

i have the same trouble with my r56 2007

Thank you.
Hi! I haven't solved the problem yet. after more searching on the internet we changed input speed sensor from gearbox and the related wiring but for nothing. The problem persists
Old 10-11-2019, 08:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Check the 6 pin connector below the coolant reservoir on the front of the transmission. Pins 3&5 are for the speed output sensor and there is a known issue where moisture can get into the connector and cause corrosion.

I just had the misfortune of the pins corroding off the end of the transmission harness so I will have the drop to pan and replace it. I was able to de-pin the main harness side and pull the broke pins out and clean all the green corrosion from the connector.

I hope this helps Iíve been researching this issue for days and nobody has replied with a fix. Here is a link to a YouTube I found, inspect your connectors closely I overlooked the two missing pins about 3 times before I finally pulled enough slack to get the connector out to where I could closely inspect it. Mine was from a leaky coolant reservoir, the coolant was dripping on top of the connector.

https://youtu.be/v4_1RJUcjI4
Old 10-26-2019, 09:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Why was my reply posted?
Old 10-26-2019, 10:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

https://youtu.be/v4_1RJUcjI4

Eugene I sent you a private message. Check the 6 pin harness, mine was badly corroded from a coolant leak at the reservoir tank. The previous owner tried to JB WELD it. Pins 3&5 are completely broken off inside the connector, I’m going to replace the harness inside the transmission. I was able to unpin the female side and remove the broken pieces of the two pins and get the corrosion cleaned up.
Old 10-26-2019, 10:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: