Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

astrology...really?

Had a co-worker get shook up this week by a patient who told her that she (the patient) was a "medium" and that she could see the co-worker was really sad. Well, said co-worker had a son suicide last year and has been mentally sideways ever since. Understandable.

The next thing she says is that she really believes in astrology and then proceeds to ask me if I'm an atheist.

I'm all for accepting people where they are and do it several times a day. But astrology...c'mon.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Band.

Send a message via AIM to Gogar
I agree with you and I feel the same way about the bearded man who lives in the sky and is watching us to make sure we aren’t mean to each other.
1973 Honda CB350F
Old 09-22-2018, 04:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Astrology/medium makes minute observations about the actions and manerisms of others, and then tells them what they want to hear based on those observations....no magic involved.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Thread Killer

You're a Scorpio, right?
Old 09-22-2018, 05:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
unsafe at any speed

Thought this was going to be another picture thread....
Old 09-22-2018, 05:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Regenerated User

Garage
Believe what you want to. It's impossible to prove.

I take a different approach, some people are scam artists and some, I believe, are closer to the spirit world than others.

As a rule I'd avoid them, as they are attempting something unnaturally forbidden, or attempting to lighten my wallet.

But I do believe both kinds exist.
Old 09-22-2018, 05:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
They are really good if they can tell me my ims bearing is about to crater....
Old 09-22-2018, 05:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Thread Killer

Cars built between May 21 - June 20
Old 09-22-2018, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
least common denominator

I believe there is much here we don't know or understand... however as has been said astrology is just a collection of vague generalizations that anyone can identify with.

And mediums are astute people who can read a person and tell them what they want to hear.

But then...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g31310-d115484-r450211389-Arizona_Biltmore_A_Waldorf_Astoria_Resort-Phoenix_Arizona.html

https://www.creepyghoststories.com/list/biltmore-hotel-providence-haunted

https://www.creepyghoststories.com/list/is-the-queen-mary-ship-haunted

There is a bunch of other reports
Old 09-22-2018, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Carlton View Post
You're a Scorpio, right?
Awesome!
Old 09-22-2018, 11:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

When the moon is in the 7th house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars....
Old 09-22-2018, 11:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
Astrology/medium makes minute observations about the actions and manerisms of others, and then tells them what they want to hear based on those observations....no magic involved.
It is not a matter of telling em what they want to hear as in trying to get something from you..

It is a matter reporting ones observations.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

It takes all kinds of people to make the world. And I'm a great believer in diversity.

As long as they don't go so far off the rails that they want to stab me.

Sorry for the rant but I'm dealing with one of those attention seeking fake illness people who talk to the dead right now
Old 09-22-2018, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

The ignorant discount a nuanced reality because they get sidetracked by all the mumbo jumbo into believing that it is all a bunch of hoooey. When in fact that nuanced reality has a great impact upon their lives.
Old 09-22-2018, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
least common denominator

I have never seen a ghost... but I know some very honest reliable people who say they have.

I have seen UFO's, but the first was a rocket launch from Vandenburg (I thought it was the end of the world) the second was a Russian satellite that was a huge low flying fireball I thought was a meteor, But I know some very honest and reliable people who have seen some pretty strange things in the sky.
Old 09-22-2018, 03:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Weekend Worrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled sixtie View Post
They are really good if they can tell me my ims bearing is about to crater....
Did she mention double row vs. single row vs. oversized non removeable hail mary?
Old 09-22-2018, 03:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: