Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Booking Accomodations in Vail - Save $s

Just dug online for accommodations in Vail. Found HomeAway.com adding a $288 fee to their offered rate compared to rate offered through Vail Realty. This is for exact same condo unit for exact same dates. Buried in "details," HomeAway advises this $288 going to make booking experience "safer and more secure." And to provide "24/7 customer support during trip." At least they itemize it.

Current: '80 Silver Targa w /'85 3.2
Prior: '77 Copper 924. '73 Black 914. '74 White Carrera. '79 Silver 930. '79 Black 930. '79 Anthracite 930.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
Sound like they're simply trying to take advantage of those who don't comparison-shop and/or don't read the fine print.
Various VWs
Old 12-02-2018, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Recreational Mechanic

Garage
It's tough to find any "good" deal in Vail or BC during the season. I'll be up there tomorrow skiing with my daughter, good early season snow so far this year.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickshu View Post
It's tough to find any "good" deal in Vail or BC during the season. I'll be up there tomorrow skiing with my daughter, good early season snow so far this year.
we've done season rentals in Minturn and Eagle Vail before - both between Vail and BC and much nicer in my mind (unless you're wanting super fancy).

Vail and BC are so much quieter over the holidays than the Summit CO resorts as the Epic Local ski pass is blacked out, so that is a plus.

Will be intrigued to hear your opinion on the conditions. Haven't used our passes yet

Last edited by peteremsley; 12-02-2018 at 11:03 AM..
Old 12-02-2018, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by widebody911 View Post
Sound like they're simply trying to take advantage of those who don't comparison-shop and/or don't read the fine print.
Exactly Wide. I can't imagine running a business that didn't have a clear competitive cost advantage. How do they do it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickshu View Post
A request is made for positing a few slope-taken pics Nick! ---Enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteremsley View Post
we've done season rentals in Minturn and Eagle Vail before - both between Vail and BC and much nicer in my mind (unless you're wanting super fancy).

Vail and BC are so much quieter over the holidays than the Summit CO resorts as the Epic Local ski pass is blacked out, so that is a plus.

Will be intrigued to hear your opinion on the conditions. Haven't used our passes yet
I've done Min and Eagle too Pete. Great program for economy. Stayed in Leadville one year. That's a haul to Vail---but much fun with a little snow on the road and a 911. Am pissing dollars away this year to be in the village and close to gondola 1. Be nice to walk a few steps and get on with it. In days (many) gone by, I leveled interior of VW bug... drove to Vail and slept in Vail's parking garage. Amazing economy. (Drove on to Aspen and space-capsuled it there for a few nights... in an open lot.) Those were the days when dollars were scarce and anything went.) Come to think of it, am going to flog my complacent state today! Appreciate the inspiration!

Current: '80 Silver Targa w /'85 3.2
Prior: '77 Copper 924. '73 Black 914. '74 White Carrera. '79 Silver 930. '79 Black 930. '79 Anthracite 930.
Old 12-04-2018, 05:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Recreational Mechanic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discseven View Post
A request is made for positing a few slope-taken pics Nick! ---Enjoy!
Great day yesterday. Snowing all day.

Sent from my Galaxy S9 using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2018, 05:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: