Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Now is the perfect time to short, right before they blow the4th quarter again. Morgan Stanley today said it will drop 40%. Get out while you can.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/24/morgan-stanley-analyst-says-tesla-tsla-stock-will-drop-40percent.html

1980 911 SC
1999 996 Cab
Old 12-24-2019, 12:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #221 (permalink)
A Marchand fan before you

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by speeder View Post
Wow...how did Tesla not go under w all of the people on this board sticking pins in their Elon Musk voodoo dolls??
Free money from the government teat or, in other words, your tax dollars
Old 12-24-2019, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #222 (permalink)
Registered

I bought two shares 6 years ago just for laughs. I think the companies products and Musk are quite entertaining and will continue to be successful. They have a LOT of fans.
My sister has a Tesla S and while not perfect the performance is amazing.
Old 12-24-2019, 03:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #223 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeder View Post
Wow...how did Tesla not go under w all of the people on this board sticking pins in their Elon Musk voodoo dolls??

I forgot the golden rule of investing-whatever people on the internet are saying, do the opposite.
An asset bubble can persist much longer than most rational people think possible. I saw it with the first dot-coms, I saw it with housing. This is no different. To know that the company will fail is much different than knowing when it will fail. I wouldn't take a short position in Tesla because there is a lot of crap that can happen before it finally goes under.
Old 12-25-2019, 04:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #224 (permalink)
Never banned

Send a message via MSN to sc_rufctr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Por_sha911 View Post
Free money from the government teat or, in other words, your tax dollars
The one big question no one seem to be able to answer...

Could Tesla survive and prosper without the Government intensives?

If the answer is NO then it's only a matter of time.
Old 12-25-2019, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #225 (permalink)
Former Options Trader !!!

The Golden rule of investing says don't pay any attention to what people on an internet forums are saying about the market. Doing the opposite of them is just as foolish as following them.
Old 12-25-2019, 06:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #226 (permalink)

Former Options Trader !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by legion View Post
An asset bubble can persist much longer than most rational people think possible. I saw it with the first dot-coms, I saw it with housing. This is no different. To know that the company will fail is much different than knowing when it will fail. I wouldn't take a short position in Tesla because there is a lot of crap that can happen before it finally goes under.
You should foot note John Maynard Keynes for the real quote about markets staying irrational longer than you can stay liquid.
Old 12-25-2019, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #227 (permalink)
Registered

Tesla's market cap is quickly approaching Ford and GM combined...even though they have sold more than a million less cars so far in 2019.

Seems totally logical.
Old 12-25-2019, 06:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #228 (permalink)
Functionista

I’ve come full circle on Tesla after being a huge detractor. Came after reading what Jack Baruth said about how you just don’t see this happen much in current times, a guy with the vision using everything at his disposal (including public money) to make it happen. Companies that wouldn’t have considered electric propulsion are now heavily invested due in some part to Musk. Like him or hate him he is a feted celebrity now and quite possibly to big to fail easily.
74 911, #3
I do not disbelieve in anything. I start from the premise that everything is true until proved false. Everything is possible.
Old 12-25-2019, 06:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #229 (permalink)
Registered

It is valued as a tech company and not an auto company.
Old 12-25-2019, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #230 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by trader220 View Post
The Golden rule of investing says don't pay any attention to what people on an internet forums are saying about the market. Doing the opposite of them is just as foolish as following them.
You are absolutely correct, of course. I know next to nothing about investing but I can tell when people on a forum know even less.
Old 12-25-2019, 08:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #231 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post
The one big question no one seem to be able to answer...

Could Tesla survive and prosper without the Government intensives?

If the answer is NO then it's only a matter of time.
It's only a matter of time until they either get bought or simply merge w one of the other giant corporations out there, IMO. That's always been my prediction. You're definitely going to want to be holding some of their stock when that happens.

I've always wondered how much my view of Tesla is distorted by the fact that I live in Tinseltown and they sell like hotcakes here. They are just THE CAR to have the last several years and don't show any sign of abating. Several people I know have them and everyone loves their car, to a person. I don't spend much time in Minnesota these days but a couple of the people I stay in close touch with have them including an 86 y.o. uncle.

It's not for me at this point but I definitely see the appeal.
Old 12-25-2019, 08:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #232 (permalink)
Never banned

Send a message via MSN to sc_rufctr
I know a guy locally who stretched himself to buy a Tesla. He's not normally a car guy but he loves his model 3.
He said it's the one car his wife liked from the get go. She normally drives a Mazda SUV but she steals the keys as often as she can.

I don't think this is an isolated thing because I've heard of other people stretching themselves to own one.

Last edited by sc_rufctr; 12-25-2019 at 10:25 PM..
Old 12-25-2019, 09:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #233 (permalink)
Information Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner or later View Post
It is valued as a tech company and not an auto company.
a tech company with patents so valuable that they give them all away.

With such shrewd technical positioning how could they not succeed at selling product below cost?
Old 12-25-2019, 10:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #234 (permalink)
Information Junky

it is interesting how effective his methods are for getting more and more funding while giving way tech and never making a profit. It's almost as if he loaths those ideas and his investors agree. (that strategic positioning and profit are evil.)
Old 12-25-2019, 10:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #235 (permalink)
You do not have permissi

Old 01-06-2020, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #236 (permalink)
Banned

Garage
wow - look at Aston
Old 01-06-2020, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #237 (permalink)
Registered

I bought 2 put contracts today, June 2022 expiration.

This is just out of control and I have seen this too much to know this won't end well. Not a commentary on their cars or Elon or anything besides this is what stock hysteria looks like and it usually comes crashing back down.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #238 (permalink)
Registered

Earnings report a week from today.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #239 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by biosurfer1 View Post
I bought 2 put contracts today, June 2022 expiration.

This is just out of control and I have seen this too much to know this won't end well. Not a commentary on their cars or Elon or anything besides this is what stock hysteria looks like and it usually comes crashing back down.
What strike?

Old 01-22-2020, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #240 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: