Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

How to resize photos on android phone?

Want to post pics already taken...over 5MB almost all of them. Phones is as basic as it gets....no apps but G photos....methinks....

Is there an easy way...on the phone?

Thanks!

Old 04-20-2019, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

I don't believe there is any way to do that natively on the Android, but there are a bunch of apps that will do that.
I simply email it to myself and the email asks if what size I want to send. I choose medium and it reduces it enough to post here. Then I delete the reduced size pic from my phone.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Excellent....thanks!
Old 04-20-2019, 10:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC911 View Post
Want to post pics already taken...over 5MB almost all of them. Phones is as basic as it gets....no apps but G photos....methinks....

Is there an easy way...on the phone?

Thanks!
Not sure if it's Samsung or Android version specific, but there is a built-in "studio" feature on my older Note that lets you crop/edit/resize pics. If you select a pic from your gallery, there should be an "Edit" option from the settings drop-down menu (3-dot icon, top right). That should bring up a few editing option icons at the bottom. Select the first one called "Adjustment", which pops up 3 options: rotate, crop, resize. Select resize, and you can choose a few pre-set sizes (50%, 25%, etc.), or drag the resize box to whatever specific resolution you wish.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

OK....so my gPOSmail caps the pics at 5MB too....Eric....yer up ...I'll check that...thanks!

It ain't over yet....which caliber?
Old 04-20-2019, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

No edit on my drop-down options...dang
Old 04-20-2019, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

least common denominator

Do you have gmail?
If so got to the click on the nine dots in the upper right hand corner.
Click on photos
Find you picture
Use your scroll button or the magnify button
Click on the universal share icon (in the black side bar on the left at the top farthest to the right)
Email picture to yourself
A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Last edited by scottmandue; 04-20-2019 at 02:18 PM..
Old 04-20-2019, 02:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
a.k.a. G-man

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff NJ View Post
I don't believe there is any way to do that natively on the Android, but there are a bunch of apps that will do that.
I simply email it to myself and the email asks if what size I want to send. I choose medium and it reduces it enough to post here. Then I delete the reduced size pic from my phone.
Thatís a good tip!

my iPhone pics still upload without resizing but if it ever happens, this tip will come in handy.
32C Member #41

1986 911 3.2 Carrera (not stock)
1974 911 2.7 9114102230 SOLD
Old 04-20-2019, 02:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmandue View Post
Do you have gmail?
If so got to the click on the nine dots in the upper right hand corner.
Click on photos
Find you picture
Use your scroll button or the magnify button
Click on the universal share icon (in the black side bar on the left at the top farthest to the right)
Email picture to yourself
Type slower so a slow learner can keep up...puleeze .

I am trying to use gmail..but don't see 9 dots....and these photo & pics you speak of.... how does my pic get there if it's too big to attach to my email? I be dazed and confused....so I blame Zep
Old 04-20-2019, 04:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Send a message via AIM to petrolhead611
Just had a look on my Android phoneCannot resize gallery photo within Edit function.
Probably so Chinese Government can view my photos more clearly as it is a Huawei device.
Vindicator Vulcan V8 spyder, street legal sports racing car
(300hp,1400 lbs kerb weight) used for sprints on circuits, and hillclimbs
Old 04-21-2019, 12:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

It just pisses me off when Stomachmonkey takes Easter weekend off....how can I post my puppy pics.....dammit !

Don't make me download my first app ....before I ditch this POS phone and most things GPOSoogle that I can .

signed....

Ruth (Festus had a stubborn one too )
Old 04-21-2019, 02:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
The Unsettler

Send a message via AIM to stomachmonkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC911 View Post
It just pisses me off when Stomachmonkey takes Easter weekend off....how can I post my puppy pics.....dammit !

Don't make me download my first app ....before I ditch this POS phone and most things GPOSoogle that I can .

signed....

Ruth (Festus had a stubborn one too )
Sorry, repainting patio furniture all weekend.

Depending on your device, your devices OS version, your carrier, you may or may not be able to resize using native apps.

It used to be something you could do but was mostly removed a couple of years ago.

Not sure why, seems like a dumb decision.

The suggestions to email are valid as is the suggestion to text them to yourself.

Open an image, share it via text, just input your own number in the To field.

Texting almost always resizes automagically.

Or you could use the phone to go here for a solution.
Old 04-21-2019, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Registered

Thanks guys! I was opening gPOSmail and attempting to attach the pic in an email to me....5mb limit. Over at a buddy's house...he showed me how he did the email from the pic....

I reckon I should let my phone update ....in order to sinc with GPOSoogle and do it....I will do that....thank you....one more question though....

Which caliber should I use to end my love affair with this phone and Google

Please don't suggest Apple....just don't....

signed...

Future Caveman

Old 04-22-2019, 03:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: