Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
It'll be legen-waitforit

Anyone own a Gallardo?

There is one at a local dealership, older Super Leggera and I just Jones after it...

Aside from the ultra poor clutch endurance, I really like the look, interior and carbon fibre. The price keeps dropping so it caught me eye as a contrast to a Porsche Turbo. Would love a Huracan but the price is too much.

Thoughts, real world experiences....

Gone: 79 911SC, 83 944, 05 Cayenne Turbo
Old 06-05-2019, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Model Citizen

I drove one once; it was brand new and the owner was in the passenger seat. Kept it legal except for a couple of quick bursts on long straights. Fast, exotic and you and your car are the center of attention. (and this one was black!) Hard to see out of and hard to maneuver around curbs and driveways. I understand why and how supercar owners can keep the mileage on a two year old car to less than 10k....
Old 06-05-2019, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Have prices gone up in recent years?

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/Lamborghini/Gallardo
Old 06-05-2019, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

My buddy had one. I can connnect you if you care. He sold it and has a Porsche turbo now. Seems happier.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

I watch a couple YouTube car channels who bought and repaired one each...you aren't kidding about the clutches! And the insane labor involved to replace a part damn near as often as oil is crazy.
Old 06-05-2019, 09:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
I drove one and thought it handled like a truck compared to a 360 or 430.
Old 06-05-2019, 10:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Non Compos Mentis

I've driven a Gallardo extensively, both street and track.
I'm very impressed with the suspension tuning. It is wonderfully competent on the track, but isn't punishing on public roads like normal track-tuned cars.
The engine makes wonderful noises, the seating position is comfortable, with all switches & controls properly placed.
Visibility out the back is poor, as expected.

I've never had it above 150 mph. It is still pulling hard, but it's not my car, and Turn 1 is coming up quickly.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Alter Ego Racing

I own a cousin of it, a Gen 2 Audi R8 Plus.

Gallardo was a shared platform with the Gen 1 R8 (Huracan with the Gen 2).

Its an interesting thing, mechanicals share a lot of large parts, software is different. I believe the Gallardo has a different firing order than the R8 (Huracan is the same as R8).

Funny things to note, my engine has an Audi logo and my transmission an Lambo logo. My friend's Huracan is the same. We have driven together and mine is faster to about a buck 40.

Huracan sounds meaner than R8 and gets way more stares.

Looking at Lambo service hours vs Audi, most everything is times 2.

PCA Club Racing Champion
National Vintage Racing Champion
Old 06-06-2019, 05:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Non Compos Mentis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErVikingo View Post
Huracan sounds meaner than R8 and gets way more stares.
I don't like the attention driving the Lambo. Everywhere you go, everyone pulling out their cell phones, taking pictures and videos.

Best description: "It's a rolling exclamation mark!"
Old 06-06-2019, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Alter Ego Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantilla View Post
I don't like the attention driving the Lambo. Everywhere you go, everyone pulling out their cell phones, taking pictures and videos.

I said the same thing to the marital unit when I drive my 69 911S and she said, then you went out and got an orange R8......

We don't drive them to be seen, we drive them to enjoy them.
PCA Club Racing Champion
National Vintage Racing Champion
Old 06-06-2019, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

For a second, I thought " gee, the prices on these really has fallen, to heck with a new pick up , Im buying a Gallardo "
Then I read the ad, its for the front clip .
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiDg8yhttXiAhVcuMAKHU6vBssYABADGgJpbQ&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAASEuRo82-joNXD3S-DVflTiqGF4g&sig=AOD64_3FpbtNqWG2AzLLZ0jFCf3UamWBEg&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwitjq-httXiAhUCa60KHYYMBKgQww8IPA&adurl=
1976 930( peru red usa) ,1980 euro sc, 1974 914. 1997 M3, , 2004 Duramax 3500 quad cab dually . 2004 2500 HD Gas 1989 Yamaha xt 350. 2004 Turbo Pepperwagon, 1976 Chevrolet C 60 Rollback towtruck. 2006 x3 a few old tractors, and tons of tools
Old 06-06-2019, 09:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantilla View Post

I second that remark. I've only driven them short distances but what a PITA. Can't even put out of a street without people slowing down and blocking you're ability to cross. Same with Ferrari too.

Parts seem to cost a fortune on these as well. I can't recall the exact figure but I worked on one that had a good front end crash; even the smallest parts had 4 figure prices. Then there's the complexity of simple tasks. Try replacing a tail light.

The sound sure is nice and they look cool, especially the Spyder.
Old 06-06-2019, 10:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Gon fix it with me hammer

Garage
Which is ironic since the reason Lamborghini started building cars was out of spite for expensive replacement clutch by Ferrari

Old 06-06-2019, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: