Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Slackerous Maximus

I have looked at F cars over the years. It just never meets the happiness per dollar test. I could afford a 360, but then I think about how much P card I could get for the money, or better yet, a GT350 mustang. I just can't get past the inflated price for what you are getting. They ARE beautiful, no doubt.

Old 01-13-2020, 06:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

I enjoyed my Ferrari ownership. I'll own another. I've had over 15 Porsches, and they're really just apples to oranges. My F355 was relatively a cheap car to own. I made money on it when I sold it, including maintenance and operating costs. ...on another "note"...nothing sounds like an F355 with race exhaust.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Old 01-13-2020, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Checked out

Fair price for that car.
Itís the least valuable of all Ferraris.
It has a long list of needs. Without DIYing the costs would be ridiculous. With DIY itíll still be expensive, and youíll end up with a car that still has low value, and will be a hard sell.
But the biggest issue is on a car that neglected, the engine and trans are big risks.
I had a 3.2 version of that car. It was absolutely mint. I was pulled in by the low prices and thought I could learn to love it.
I could not.
Itís a big, boxy, heavy car. It has some interesting design elements, but overall doesnít work, either on the exterior or interior.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Shaun looks familiar!

Old 01-14-2020, 05:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
cycling has-been

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_rufctr View Post

Of course, Lt. Col. Frank Slade loved the body lines of the Mondial...
...... but he was blind.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to sc_rufctr
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkreigsr View Post
Of course, Lt. Col. Frank Slade loved the body lines of the Mondial...
...... but he was blind.
Ahahahahaha
Old 01-14-2020, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Nice guy eddie

Garage
It's definitely the Ferrari for blind people. Blind people who don't really know how a Ferrari is supposed to perform.
Old 01-14-2020, 08:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Cars & Coffee Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardDrive View Post
I have looked at F cars over the years. It just never meets the happiness per dollar test. I could afford a 360, but then I think about how much P card I could get for the money, or better yet, a GT350 mustang. I just can't get past the inflated price for what you are getting. They ARE beautiful, no doubt.
That's my take on it. For the price of one Ferrari I could total several comparable (and generally better-performing) American cars and still come out ahead. Ferraris are more art than car, IMO.

"There is freedom in risk, just as there is oppression in security."
Old 01-14-2020, 09:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9dreizig View Post
Shaun, beauty is in the eye of the beholder ,, but that is one ugly car (flame on!!!)
Still better than anything they've made this century.
Old 01-14-2020, 09:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardDrive View Post
I have looked at F cars over the years. It just never meets the happiness per dollar test. I could afford a 360, but then I think about how much P car I could get for the money, or better yet, a GT350 mustang. I just can't get past the inflated price for what you are getting. They ARE beautiful, no doubt.
This echoes my sentiments as well. I would love a driver-quality 360, or even a 456 since I tend to like oddballs. Then I come across images like this (from this car) and start to think...impact bumper or 997.

Last edited by Sarc; 01-14-2020 at 05:50 PM..
Old 01-14-2020, 11:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Garage
Even in the day, the Mondial was not considered attractive, and some didn’t even consider it a real Ferrari.

But something like a 512BB still turns heads today.
Old 01-14-2020, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to sc_rufctr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Ugly? This is ugly:

WT?... Surely you jest!
Old 01-14-2020, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Cars & Coffee Killer

No, this is ugly:

"There is freedom in risk, just as there is oppression in security."
Old 01-14-2020, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Ferrari has made many nice cars over the years , the only one I ever lusted for is the Dino . I just always liked the looks . To me it was an Italian 914/6
Old 01-15-2020, 04:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow&rusty View Post
Shaun looks familiar!

Yes, it all looks very nice!
Old 01-15-2020, 04:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Wish I could have bought Mike's car.

Not a fan of fly.

1997 Ferrari F355 Spider 6-Speed
Old 01-15-2020, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

My car's still for sale in Connecticut. I bet it could be had for 60k. Fresh engine out service, and redone interior. If I didn't have my house projects, I'd contemplate buying it back.

It's about the most desirable f355 combination. '95, berlinetta, and gated. I loved that it wasn't red...but it seems like everybody wants a cliche.

And to guys who worry about maintenance costs..it's overstated. It was one of the easiest cars I've ever worked on. The clutch is a 3 hours job in your garage. Lots of fchat guys pride themselves on how much they pay somebody else to work on their car. It's a strange phenomenon. There are parts cross-references all over the place. Front brakes on an F355? Guess what...they're the same as a 944. Etc etc

Last edited by Embraer; 01-15-2020 at 11:32 AM..
Old 01-15-2020, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

You have your house projects Mike, I have a 4.0 MFI motor to complete in 2020.

Old 01-15-2020, 01:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
Bland

Garage
I'd like to hear more about that crank...

Old 01-15-2020, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: