Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Need Large Thing Packed/Shipped In NYC

Calling NYC Pelicans!

I have found my next espresso machine restoration project. Its in New York City. Seller won't pack or ship, local pickup only. Its about 1 meter tall, about 100 lb, needs to be picked up, crated, palletized, and shipped. And I live on the other side of the country.

Any referrals to a company in NYC that will do this, either the pickup/pack or the ship parts?

It is one of these monsters. Well, it doesn't look like this now, but when I'm finished it will.

I have no clue what I'll do with this monster. But impossible to pass it up. It's like the White Whale.

Old 01-19-2020, 06:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

How long can it stay in it's current location?
Old 01-19-2020, 06:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Try a fastenal location,or any freight company.
Old 01-19-2020, 06:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Ahh EFF. Auction was ended shortly after it was posted. I think seller realized what he had and that he'd underpriced and misdescribed it.

These machines are made by Elektra, called the Belle Epoque or Verticale, not to be confused with the smaller home Micro Casa machines. The Belle Epoque is a huge, showy, spectacular machine. It's the kind of machine that dominates a large room, you'd build a whole bar around it.

They cost something like $15K++ new (varies by number of groups and finish), $10K+ used, even a ratty, non-functional, parts missing, or damaged one goes for $5K. Well, I'll find one someday.

I have no business spending $10K for an espresso machine, so it'll have to be a barn find or ignorant seller thing.

Last edited by jyl; 01-19-2020 at 10:19 AM..
Old 01-19-2020, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Information Overloader

That’s a pretty gaudy R2D2.
Old 01-19-2020, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

That sucks, sorry to hear it, was hoping to drive to NYC for some adventure, and food, and pick this up for you.

Saw this today in Portsmouth, NH. Only art I'm sure.

Old 01-19-2020, 03:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: