Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

And if you order now, you get...

The thread about returning low cost items for their money back guarantee prompted me to start this thread.

Now, I know no one on this forum ever purchased those gimmick items advertised on T.V., all seemingly priced at $19.95. Still, I've been curious about the tag-on to the promotion which always seems to be, "Order now and well send you a second __________ for only a small fee."

My question is, how much is the fee? Is it additional shipping and handling or is it equal to the cost of another gimmick? Also, can you refuse to get the second one "free?" I suspect the fee is equal to or greater than the wholesale cost of the gimmick, which certainly is far below $19.95.

Anyone have a "friend" who bought one of these T.V. specials and can let us know about the additional fee?

Stabilized on a Pelican I.V. drip
Old 05-15-2020, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
I would rather get a facial tattoo than watch a second of those stupid commercials. I love my DVR. I have never tried any of the "but wait there is more" claptrap products.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 05-15-2020, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
not a single thing! none.

wait, was a salad spinner one of those?
Old 05-15-2020, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Leadfoot Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossiblue View Post
My question is, how much is the fee? Is it additional shipping and handling or is it equal to the cost of another gimmick?
I always wondered how they explain why they can't just throw a second one in the box to begin with and skip the extra fees. I have no personal experience with this stuff, but I think that once they get you on the phone, they try pressuring you into buying other items too.

I always liked the ones that say that there's a STRICT limit on the quantity of whatever crap they're selling. I'll bet they'd sell me a thousand if I wanted 'em...

Last edited by rcooled; 05-15-2020 at 05:18 PM..
Old 05-15-2020, 05:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
A Marchand fan before you

Garage
"BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!"

(there's always more)
Old 05-15-2020, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Never. Prey on dumb people?
Old 05-15-2020, 09:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
What is annoying me now more than those commercials are the adds you see in game apps on your phone. Like that flashlight that is as bright as the sun, or the laser deals.

Those irritate me.
Old 05-15-2020, 10:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH85Carrera View Post
I would rather get a facial tattoo than watch a second of those stupid commercials. I love my DVR. I have never tried any of the "but wait there is more" claptrap products.
One that says "Fk the Police"..right across the forehead so ya cant miss it.

Yeah baby go for it...
Old 05-16-2020, 12:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Surfing the channels, came across a pitch for an "invicta" watch. Jesus! Butt Ugly, the size of an alarm clock, weird colors...

People must buy them, but I have to wonder who.
Old 05-16-2020, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Leadfoot Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Those "But Wait..." spots are rolled out to a number markets at the same time. If sales in any particular market are weak, the ad's quickly pulled and the money is redirected to buy more time where the action is. The very fact that you're seeing them more than once means that it's all penciling out for someone.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Registered

Around here they don't quote the price of the product, but say "30 days free trial, $19.95 postage and handling." WTF, I'd like to know the price if I'm buying something dodgy off the TV.

And another one completely free if you are one of the first 30 callers, you only pay postage and handling LOL
Old 05-16-2020, 01:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Registered

How many people fall for the " if you order in the next 15 minutes " ??? Do you really need more cheap Chinese garbage ? And people wonder why they are drowning in credit card debt . Hard to fix stupid 😀
Old 05-16-2020, 01:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
A Marchand fan before you

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwd72s View Post
Surfing the channels, came across a pitch for an "invicta" watch. Jesus! Butt Ugly, the size of an alarm clock, weird colors...
Go to their website they have some decent ones. Here's my 10 yo Invicta automatic

Rock solid for 10 years. Just had is serviced for the first time this year. Does it steal the look of Rolex? yes. Is it butt ugly? I don't think so.
Old 05-16-2020, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Por_sha911 View Post
Go to their website they have some decent ones. Here's my 10 yo Invicta automatic

Rock solid for 10 years. Just had is serviced for the first time this year. Does it steal the look of Rolex? yes. Is it butt ugly? I don't think so.
Positively better looking than the monstrosity I saw on TV...

Old 05-16-2020, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: