Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
What'd I miss?

Hello - miss me?

For those who are wondering what happened to me:
So - many years ago, I kinda faded into the background and then disappeared altogether from here.
Went back to school to get my MBA - that took up a ton of time. Then I sold my my 944S2 - it was getting a bit too long in the tooth to play with on the track. My wife and I decided to move a couple of towns over in Northern NJ. You may also remember I was working for Mercedes-Benz USA HQ. They moved to Georgia, and I chose not to migrate south just yet. So for the past few years, I've been working for one of the big four audit firms. Still a computer geek - working with enterprise storage - something like 20-30 PB of the stuff.

A couple of years ago, I purchased a Mini Cooper S Coupe, The MIN isn't a sports car, but for a FWD car, it has go-kart handling for the twisty roads in my area. Since it would be like bringing a knife to a gun fight, it isn't well suited for track use, so that prevented me from over-spending to make it into something it isn't. It is a really fun car to drive on the street... but it was always a gap car until I got back into a Porsche or another sports car. It is for sale now.

So - after a bit of research, I purchased a 2010 Cayman S with lots of suspension and track upgrades. Looking forward to getting back into all things Porsche, which for me includes Pelican Parts forums.

My life got rather busy over the past years, and chatting with my "imaginary online friends" (my wife's term for you all), fell by the wayside.

I believe I'm still a moderator here - will have to see if I still have those powers, or if they want to me to moderate again. I can check my powers -- anyone want to get banned?

Now - what did I miss? Any good controversies? Is TABS still taking care of Mother? Any new Spoon collections out there? Nostatic still keeping everyone in line?

I'm back!
-Z-man.

Carpe Viam.

<><
Old 12-10-2020, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Lots of snow Porsche away

Garage
Welcome back Zeke.
79 XS750 because one is just not enough
Old 12-10-2020, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

welcome back
SCWDP
South East Region
Old 12-10-2020, 01:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Get off my lawn!

Garage
Welcome back Zman. Yea, we missed ya. And please help out Daniel as moderator. I always thought you did great as a moderator.

The old ad from Porsche said it best, Porsche, there is no substitute. The mini is a fun car but a Cayman S is lots more fun.
1986 El Camino with Fuel Injected 350 Crate Engine
My Motto: I will never be too old to have a happy childhood!
Old 12-10-2020, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Send a message via AIM to vash
ban someone for old times sake!!
Old 12-10-2020, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Welcome back to the world of Pcar ownership!

Mods have been doing well lately, PARF is a **** show as always.

I'm loving my 2010 water pumper Porsche so I bet you will too.

if you still have your mod powers can you find the "Chest" thread and bring it back to life, I miss that one
Old 12-10-2020, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Someone just needs to call him a poopy head!

"Don't get so caught up in your right to dissent that you forget your obligation to contribute." Mrs. James to her son Chappie.
Old 12-10-2020, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper35 View Post
Someone just needs to call him a poopy head!
Is that grounds for banning? I forget....

Carpe Viam.

<><
Old 12-10-2020, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
I see you

Nice to have another jersey boy back in town.

“There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our overthrow. Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter. From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence.”
Old 12-10-2020, 02:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
My friends call me, Top

Garage
Welcome back !!

'87 924S
'71 440 Charger R/T
Old 12-10-2020, 02:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
UnRegistered User

Garage
Kind of like the Hotel California around here.
You can checkout any time you like....
Welcome back Z.
And I sold a bunch of parts I hadn't installed yet.
Old 12-10-2020, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man View Post
Now - what did I miss?
Well, since you bought another Porsche, you still have to disassemble 3 things to get at the one thing you wanted to work on, and then replace half of the 3 things you first took off because of the "while you're in there" thing.

Also;
There was a protest in Portland.
We had a pandemic.
A private U.S. company sent astronauts to the International Space Station on a commercial flight.
Sean Connery died (I know, right?).
There was a presidential election or something.
Apparently, it is now OK to say f**k on television now.
The Mayan Calendar expired (nothing happened).

Wait...how long were you gone?

Last edited by onZedge; 12-10-2020 at 02:24 PM..
Old 12-10-2020, 02:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Registered

You didn't miss anything

Once a poopie-head ... always a poopie-head.

Welcome back Z!
Old 12-10-2020, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Kantry Member

We sure missed you, but I will bet with practice,our aim will improve. :

Best
Les

Last edited by oldE; 12-10-2020 at 02:26 PM..
Old 12-10-2020, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Welcome back Zoltan!
Old 12-10-2020, 02:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man View Post

I believe I'm still a moderator here - will have to see if I still have those powers, or if they want to me to moderate again. I can check my powers -- anyone want to get banned?
For a test, can you unlock the Grid Girls thread?
Old 12-10-2020, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Model Citizen

OOh! Ban me! Ban Me!
Old 12-10-2020, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Registered

Hey Z-Man. Much has changed but much remains the same. Nostatic was last seen enjoying life with his lovely wife and precocious son so much that's he's dropped off of PPOT and the Board is the worse for the loss. Periodic reports are that he is doing well.

TAB's is still the Board's Oracle. He doesn't invoke MOTHER quite so often, and his prophecy has taken a definite doom and gloom turn, but he still stops by with some regularity.

The spoon threads remain a frequent topic, often curated by the inimitable Mr. Higgins, with helpful input from the Board's deep bench of resident scholars.

PARF has proven a blessing to the OT Board, although life is much less spicy here on the OT Board with the strict separation of the secular and religious boards. PARF has actually become more fun to visit and is now an easier place to have a reasonable debate or trade observations, after a purge of some of the worst offenders of the informal civility rule.

Much of the original PPOT crew has moved on, but if you watch a while you'll still see posts from Zeke, Superman, Paul and Paul, and you'll find the youngsters with less than a decade of experience on the Board are keeping the Brain Trust functioning up to speed and generally making PPOT a great place to be. You'll find that pool, mustangs, the rise and fall of the stock market and continuing signs of our impending doom remain well documented and debated with fun spirit.

Welcome back!
Old 12-10-2020, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Unregistered

Zoltan, my favorite moderator.
Good to hear things are going well.
Old 12-10-2020, 03:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Welcome back Z.
Just a quick heads up.......don't go to PARF.

Old 12-10-2020, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: