Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Closed Thread

Nabeel made pro muslim comments on the rennlist board and was challenged by other members to prove his pro muslim thoughts. When he couldn't back up his claims on islam he then started making racist comments about a few rennlisters. Islam was a big topic on rennlist and the history of the religion came full circle and the muslims on the board rebelled against the non muslims on the board, The truth of the religion was exposed and nabeel got a little bent up so the story goes........

G
Old 07-24-2004, 08:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #121 (permalink)

George, I've never gone head-to-head with you or anybody else on RL and do not plan to do so now. I mostly read in the OT, and post there only now and then. I do seem to remember that the only one with post that were racist were you. Islam has never been a big topic on RL. I spend alot of time on RL but I'm not sure what discussion you are referring to.

You are an expert flamer Geroge; sometimes this will create interesting discussions, sometimes not. You are trying to paint a picture of RL that is false as far as I can tell. You are the one who starts the Islam/Muslim discussions or try to turn discussions into islam/muslim discussions. No one else (well maybe Carlos).

You were the minority with your views on RL and I think your will be so here too.

Old 07-24-2004, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #122 (permalink)

HHey Fellas,

yep so there is a lot of stuff going on.

Not exactly an RL refugee, have made my fare share of "boo-boos",
I agree alot of the posts on OT was always about religion, A couple I did get involved in, but they just cycled over and over.

I'm still visiting RL, but if being a member of RL means the extra benefit you get is the OT section, then they can go fly a kite, way to go to encorage people to divvy up membership money !

I realy think that RL put ther foot in it with this one.

This board has a great OT section and so has another board called "Tech Support Guy", so why would I "NOW" want to pay for RL ?

A lot of nice fellas over there, I'd get about even replies for tech questions from both boards, quicker and sometimes slightly more from RL.

The only think that really hacked me off, was "no-one", moderator, or webmaster, posted anything to say this, we only got the plug pulled on us as if we were pond scum, even when I mailed the wembaster I didnt and still havent had a courtesy reply to my mail, or a reply to a thread from a moderator or the webmaster, I DID get a reply frm a senior member like last night, now thats just plain rude in my book !

Like I said in my previously posted thread

Pelican Rocks like a ma f****

take care peeps

NotJustPorsche
Subscribe: notjustporsche-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
Old 07-24-2004, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #123 (permalink)

oooh, just was over at RL, thought you might like to see the result of "what about the OT" thread thingy

have edited for space

post bysilverbullet
-------------------------------------
I think it is kinda pathetic that the off topic forum is only for members. My membership just recently expired, and I don't think I'll be paying my money to get it back. It seems that the liberal weenies got what they wanted. They obviously complained to John D. about the topics that offended them. Now that there seems to be a political agenda at work on this site, I don't care that I'm not a member, because I wouldn't pay a dime to get access to some politically correct or IMO Biased "Off topic forum." I can easily go to Pelican and enjoy the off topic material without worrying about some little girly men complaining about it.

few other posts then a reply

--------------------------------------

Think of it this way, Christiaan... You're in the Rennlist version of a "Free Speech Zone"

Back to the important stuff... Is it my imagination, or is Grid Girl #1 lacking complete coverage????

Jim 1987 944S
----------------------

final word then spoken

-------------------------------------

Not here....

This thread is closed....

If any of you have a problem with that PM me - I'll rant on you in private....
---------------------------------

Henry Ford said it best,

you can have it in any colour as long as its black,

democracy in action !

NotJustPorsche
Old 07-24-2004, 10:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #124 (permalink)

Garage
George- Reds not banned, don't know why you say that. There was no "muslim" conflict
You are a racist and you know that.
You have been posting on Rennlist for 4 years without being a member and you bring nothing usefull to the forum, period. The Dems and Reps (most) are glad to see you gone.

Carlos - Ditto.

Red UFO- Most know you are a quack job and tend to ignore you as opposed to be offended by you.

You 3 have one thing in common - For the most part neither side wants you.

Old 07-24-2004, 01:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #125 (permalink)

is RED ufo here then ?

whats his handle,

step up homie, I always liked your conspiracy theories !

NotJustPorsche
Old 07-24-2004, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #126 (permalink)

928GT I didn't update my membership after it expired after 4 years. I didn't feel like it was worth to pay anymore that was enough.BTW Red is a AHOLE he talks about peoples wives and family like dogs and he has cause a lot of bad blood on the rennlist. I have received many good PM's since the new members only club took effect wanting me back on the board. I feel the same as many, RED made a good rennlist paying member ABBY quit posting because of his bull crap. FYI I have helped many rennlisters find hard to get parts and guided many to the right path on repairs so mind your own business. Anything I post I can Back up Can YOU??? BTW: 928GT who died and made you KING of the approved rennlist porsche forum? ALLAH? Please.........

G

Last edited by George 911-V8; 07-24-2004 at 02:30 PM..
Old 07-24-2004, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #127 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I say we put up an electric fence around the Pelican OT Board to keep these illegal immigrants out.....all they do is waste our valuable time with their inane bashing of each other....tasteless with out redeeming quality is how I would describe them...If they chose to jump the fence we should have guards with order to shoot to kill....it's nice that you boyz want to visit, leave your money and then go home...

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 07-24-2004, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #128 (permalink)
A Man of Wealth and Taste

Now for those who have property in this case intellectual property I say we welcome them...so that we can build an elite society of the best and the brightest.....I think I have finaly come up with a workable solution to the problem of these unwanted guests.

CITIZEN TABS

WWW.RADIOTABS.COM
Old 07-24-2004, 02:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #129 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by George 911-V8
RED made a good rennlist paying member ABBY quit posting because of his bull crap. ALLAH? Please.........

G
So I have the powers to make members stop posting?

Edited for content. Personal attacked are not allowed. -Z-man.

// Sums power, chants for George V to stop posting and give his computer to poor liberal kids.

Last edited by Z-man; 07-26-2004 at 06:04 AM..
Old 07-24-2004, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #130 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by adrian jaye
is RED ufo here then ?

whats his handle,

step up homie, I always liked your conspiracy theories !
Hey whats up dude?

Its easy to see some of the GOP ditto heads from rennlist OT are here signing up under new users accounts to 'pig pile' on everybody here they disagree with. Its not enuff to have OT there a paid product, but they want to run this place too.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #131 (permalink)

Well Red, the flamers who stayed over at RL more or less exclusively for the OT flamewars are now teaming up here putting us RL members down. We gotta stand up for ourselves

(BTW I've been here over a year myself)

Old 07-24-2004, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #132 (permalink)
Banned

schnell,

I think I actually heard of Pelican long before I heard of rennlist.

There is nothing wrong with both boards. Right now the upgrades on rennlist are nice. I imagine pelican will do the same. I was hoping an Arcade would be built in as its the newest rage on BB systems. I guess my knowing of how BB systems work frightens the some of the more simple minded flock that troll rennlist OT.

Its ridiculous to say any board is better than the other. Thats fanboyism pure and simple
Old 07-24-2004, 03:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #133 (permalink)
Deplorable Member

Garage
Now if John would just up the fee a bit and Pelican would make THEIR OT forum pay-as-you-go, it'd be a better world entirely!

Black Cars Matter
Old 07-24-2004, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by red ufo
So I have the powers to make members stop posting?
I doubt it.

While you did piss me off by always resulting to personal insults and not being much help in my car hunt, you did not run me off rennlist. I had hand surgery and using a computer key board is not much fun with one hand. So I did not post for a while. Ironically, we both started posting again about the same time.

Last edited by Abby; 07-24-2004 at 07:21 PM..
Old 07-24-2004, 07:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #135 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nabeel
Quote:
Originally posted by Red Baron
Nabeel, acting like the rennlist ot has changed is bull****. I can post links of the same old bull**** going on now that was going on before these non paying members came here. Your rennlist rightiousness is a facade.... perhaps your past flame wars with the two you mention has clouded your evaluation.

btw.. I am a paying member there also. Lifer at that.
Ok, prove it. I haven't seen anywhere near as much flaming on Rennlist OT as there was before the change. I dare you to try and find stuff such as divorce proceedings and the like posted at Rennlist after the change. While you're at it, try to also find things such as members berating other members over their deceased daughters, or people making overtly racist statements (george) such as "The only good Muslim is a dead one." You won't find it at Rennlist anymore, and the board over there is much better off without that nonsense. Before you accuse me of being anti-Pelican, keep in mind that I have 1000+ posts here at Pelican, versus 400 or so at Rennlist. Pelican remains a huge source of info, and I agree that much of the content is more technical than Rennlist.
76K miles
color-matched fuchs

SOLD
Old 07-24-2004, 07:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #136 (permalink)
Freiherr

Quote:
Originally posted by Nabeel
Ok, prove it. I haven't seen anywhere near as much flaming on Rennlist OT as there was before the change. I dare you to try and find stuff such as divorce proceedings and the like posted at Rennlist after the change. While you're at it, try to also find things such as members berating other members over their deceased daughters, or people making overtly racist statements (george) such as "The only good Muslim is a dead one." You won't find it at Rennlist anymore, and the board over there is much better off without that nonsense. Before you accuse me of being anti-Pelican, keep in mind that I have 1000+ posts here at Pelican, versus 400 or so at Rennlist. Pelican remains a huge source of info, and I agree that much of the content is more technical than Rennlist.
I clearly said your personal flame wars are specific to those you mentioned. By generalizing 'still going on' how about 8 pages of this.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=146372&highlight=rolo

or

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=146730

second or third post it gets nasty.

I did not even pull up the Sandy Berger thread where things got ugly. Or how about some of the gay threads?

Flaming is flaming, Biggotry is biggotry and insults are what they are whether aimed at muslims, gays, republicans, democrats, liberals etc....

Members still there had a fight over avatars with certain moderators, I just did a search and much of it was edited or deleted.

What I am saying is, the personal attacks, name calling and f-bombing of people is still going on, and it appears it will soon go on here. I have no beef with you and do more reading than posting at either site. I think it has gotten better for you because you are insulted by the anti muslim racist posts. Just know the same type of thing is still going on and George and Carlos are no longer there. It's just tolerated for some members.

As for the divorce preceedings, it was brought up and posted by someone from that same rennlist crowd. Anyway, it is not any better over there now. Maybe in time that will change with the new restrictions. Like I said, I go there to read since posting there always turns into that. Hopefully it don't start here. OOps to late.

Old 07-24-2004, 08:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #137 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by Nabeel
Nabeel,

I agree 100%
Cheers
J
Old 07-24-2004, 09:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #138 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
I clearly said your personal flame wars are specific to those you mentioned. By generalizing 'still going on' how about 8 pages of this.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=146372&highlight=rolo

or

I did not even pull up the Sandy Berger thread where things got ugly. Or how about some of the gay threads?

Flaming is flaming, Biggotry is biggotry and insults are what they are whether aimed at muslims, gays, republicans, democrats, liberals etc....

Members still there had a fight over avatars with certain moderators, I just did a search and much of it was edited or deleted.

What I am saying is, the personal attacks, name calling and f-bombing of people is still going on, and it appears it will soon go on here. I have no beef with you and do more reading than posting at either site. I think it has gotten better for you because you are insulted by the anti muslim racist posts. Just know the same type of thing is still going on and George and Carlos are no longer there. It's just tolerated for some members.

As for the divorce preceedings, it was brought up and posted by someone from that same rennlist crowd. Anyway, it is not any better over there now. Maybe in time that will change with the new restrictions. Like I said, I go there to read since posting there always turns into that. Hopefully it don't start here. OOps to late.

The first thread you posted was 8 pages of 'mostly' debating/discussing different aspects of politics and the war. And it was in the OT area. What is so offensive to you about that? I have seen just as bad if not worse here but if it's in OT I don't understand the big deal.
I guarantee with Carlos, George and Red posting here you have nowhere but down to go. On a different note I have gotten a kick of the people from Rlist moving here and in equal amounts have declared it either a Left wing or Right wing wacko site. Kinda funny.
Cheers

Last edited by 928GT; 07-24-2004 at 09:20 PM..
Old 07-24-2004, 09:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #139 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:

If you scroll down on the second post there is a smiley ie a joke. Other than that it takes a while for eifert to prove he's an ass once again
Old 07-24-2004, 09:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    #140 (permalink)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: