Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Monkey with a mouse

Super Duper Tuesday

Obama's voters showed up - he's had a nice run;

Hillary has to be a bit surprised at Obama's strong showing;

McCain is doing really well;

Huckabee surprised tonight, IMO;

Romney, not so good so far;

Caifornia still to come . . .

Should be an interesting night.

Best,

Kurt

Old 02-05-2008, 07:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Monkey with a mouse

As of 8pm Pacific - from Drudge:

CLINTON: AR, MA, MO, NY, NJ, OK, TN
OBAMA: AL, CT, CO, DE, GA, ID, IL, KS, MN, ND, UT

HUCKABEE: AL, AR, GA, MO, TN, WV
MCCAIN: AZ, CT, DE, IL, NJ, NY, OK
ROMNEY: CO, MA, MN, MT, ND, UT
Old 02-05-2008, 08:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Monkey with a mouse

Here's ABC's live delegate count:

http://abcnews.go.com/politics/elections/delegates?ref=ipb

FYI.

Best,

Kurt
Old 02-05-2008, 08:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

The Super Bowl of politics. Can't get enough of this stuff. Looks like Mac is Back. I'm not all that surprised about Huckabee. What surprises me is how close McCain was to him in the south. A few thousand votes here and there and it would have been McCain sweeping the South. Where's Romney in this? I always thought McCain was a more comfortable fit for the average white southern Christian than the press has made him out to be while Romney just looks too rich and northeastern to play well in Dixie.

ABC says McCain is going to win MO and CA. Does Huckabee have almost as many delegates as Romney? Ouch.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to 1fastredsc
I thought the guy on CNN said it the best, "The Huck is back!".
Old 02-05-2008, 09:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Monkey with a mouse

The way Mac and Huck speak of each other (and after what happened in WV) you'd think they were already in discussions about a Mac/Huck ticket.

I kind of like that ticket - I really like Huck's "shut down the IRS" position but am turned off by his religiousness . . . which probably wouldn't figure much into his actual day-to-day duties as a VP . . . but perhaps his IRS notions would.

Best,

Kurt
Old 02-05-2008, 09:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Garage
Very interesting.

For the Republicans - the nomination is McCain's to lose and barring some catastrophe, he won't. Question is if the far-right groups keep up the hate-McCain stuff, or if the party unifies for the general. I bet they unify.

For the Democrats - fight goes on. Question is if it gets nasty and that the nominee is damaged goods for the general. I bet it does but not badly, and the nominee is undamaged.

So, should be a fun general election.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstarnes View Post
The way Mac and Huck speak of each other (and after what happened in WV) you'd think they were already in discussions about a Mac/Huck ticket.
Huck is just being used by McCain. There's no way in hell McCain would pick Huck as a VP.

McCain knows Huckabee is the spoiler who will kill Romney. Evangelicals don't have to make the hard choice between the Liberal McCain and the Cultist Romney, and take the easy way out with No-Chance-Huck. But if huck wasn't there, McCain knows that most of those votes would go to Romney.

So McCain is just tooling Huck. And it looks like it will work.

Agree, though, it's going to be fun from here on out!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

I disagree. I think Huckabee was the spoiler for McCain last night. McCain was a close second throughout the south where he was the natural fit compared to Romney. A few thousand votes in GA and AL and the race would be over. I think McCain takes those states without Huckabee. McCain has disdain for the televangalists and Jerry Fallwell types, but is very mainstream Christian and a vetran, which play well in the south, despite his immigration and anti-Confederate flag stance. Romney is a rich guy from MA. And a Morman. Southerners might overlook him being a Morman, but not a New Englander.
Old 02-06-2008, 05:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Dept store Quartermaster

The race is over. Unless McCain gets caught with an 8 year old boy it's over grover.

We will now have an economic and social liberal in the White House regardless the outcome. Now I just need to figure out which one is gonna give me more of you wealthy guys stuff and vote accordingly
Old 02-06-2008, 05:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Evolved

All interesting stuff.

In MO Primaries you are asked (on entry) which ballot you want. Since I would vote for a roadkill armadillo before either Clinton I chose the Demo ballot and checked Obama. Looks like many other Missourians did also?

Rush Limbaugh, a blatant Romney supporter (as am I) has ALWAYS stated to his listeners to "hold your nose and support the Republican Party" (as in ...Your man is not the nominee? Ok, support whomever IS the Rep. nominee ...against ANY Demo.)

But the 'big guy' has abandoned that theory and pulled a '180'.

Because he feels so strongly about McCain's 'middle of the road' voting record, he is now espousing letting Hitlery or Obama win it all ...and letting them take credit for how bad things will undoubtedly get during a Democratic Administration.

Interesting indeed.

Last edited by Mo_Gearhead; 02-06-2008 at 06:46 AM..
Old 02-06-2008, 06:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Monkey with a mouse

Popular vote in ST primaries for Dems:

TOTAL VOTES CAST
Clinton: 50.2% (7,347,971)
Obama: 49.8% (7,294,851)

Sourced from Drudge.

That's close.

Best,

Kurt

Old 02-06-2008, 10:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: