Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Non Compos Mentis

Jimmy Carter was a poor president. A nice man, but lacking true leadership qualities, he was a victim of the tough times he faced, rather than rising up to meet the challenges.

He WAS a highly reguarded ex-President. He left office, and did truely great humanitarian work.

Then the praise he finally recieved went to his head. Instead of continuing the good work that rightfully earned him respect, he opened his mouth, and stuck his foot in it, big time.

I used to respect him as our best ex-president. Would I listen to him today? Only for the comic value.

Old 06-05-2008, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post
THE.....BIG.....economic problem during the Carter administration. He took office shortly after the formation of OPEC. The nominal price of a barrel of oil in 1973 (average) was $4.75. In 1979 it had risen to $25.10. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Don't forget that the aftershocks of getting off the Gold Standard was hitting and hitting hard at the same time.
George, Architect
Old 06-05-2008, 07:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Groucho Marxist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman View Post
Sure, Carter has lately become a very popular Whipping Boy. But frankly, that does not mean the majority of Americans, or the majority of people, think he's a laughing stock. The Shooting Gallery does of course. But not necessarily the majority. Former President Carter is actually a fairly respected public figure. Again.....outside the Shooting Gallery crowd.

And in this instance, I think he is dead right.
If you think this is a recent development, can I send you something for the cave you are living in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Lee View Post
Habitat is completely apolitical and is no reflection at all on Carter's piss poor judgment on everything having to do with world affairs.
yup, so that is one good thing he has done, oh and only served one term as POTUS, thank GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Hope youre right and not just because its Bush. I think this is probably the best approach for all former Presidents. You had your chance, you made your decisions; let the next guy do his best/worst.
If you think that, why do you like Mr Carter? Habitat for Humanity is about all I would say he has done that I think is positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikester View Post
I hate this election.
you keep saying that and you ain't seen nuthin' yet

Old 06-06-2008, 07:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: