Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Now in 993 land ...

Garage
Oh, and one more comment. I would FIGHT the ticket first, do traffic school only as a last resort, so you don't spend the opportunity and be against the wall on the next ticket!

1) trial by written declaration
2) trial de novo - court
3) if you lose in court, ask for traffic school (you are now at the same spot but with 2 chances to get the case dismissed)
Old 03-01-2014, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

George, if you get a second ticket within 18 months, You can show up in court and ask for traffic school. They need the money so the judge will more then likely grant you traffic school again but it has to be a 12 hour school and it must be done at a school site. Ask me how I know. A cop actual y gave me this tip.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Now in 993 land ...

Garage
I did not know that. But I still would not "spend" the traffic school trump unless you really need to. It may be your last resort in a ticket you can't shed. Do anything to avoid an entry on your record. It will cost you thousands over the years.

G
Old 03-01-2014, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

I agree. Just something to keep in mind. You are still out near the 57 and the 210? I discovered there are lots of CHPs out cruising the new section of the 210 on the weekends. I almost got popped doing 80 last week coming back from the Bass Pro Shop with my kids. He drove by, match my speed, looked at me and took off. Mu lucky day for sure.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Now in 993 land ...

Garage
No man, I moved to the SF bay about a year ago! I haven't had any tickets in a few years now. There are speed controls here in the south bay too, but much less "traps" like in LA. I am talking 10 pm checks in industrial areas- 35 mph posted - with no traffic. That's just not making sense, except for getting $$$.

G
Old 03-01-2014, 10:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigel View Post
No man, I moved to the SF bay about a year ago! I haven't had any tickets in a few years now. There are speed controls here in the south bay too, but much less "traps" like in LA. I am talking 10 pm checks in industrial areas- 35 mph posted - with no traffic. That's just not making sense, except for getting $$$.

G
Wait, you moved from the Bay Area to LA, now you are back?

Those 35 mph areas always bust me doing 40 over. my last two tickets were in 30 and 35 zones with no one around. Bastards.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Now in 993 land ...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by look 171 View Post
Wait, you moved from the Bay Area to LA, now you are back?
Yes, SFB - LA - SFB, the LA time was about 6 years.

I like the cop / ticket situation better here. They do obvious speed checking and don't nail you for 10 over either.

G
Old 03-01-2014, 10:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Online Traffic School | Defensive Driving Course - 100% DMV Approved Courses

This is the one I always take.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

I bought a $12 Groupon for besttrafficschool.com (regular price is $21.95). I just took the course and completed in less than 2.5 hours. There were 10 section quizzes with 10 questions each. You can retake the quizzes as many times as needed to pass. The final exam had 25 easy questions which took me less than 3 minutes to finish.

I highly recommend this online traffic school.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to petrolhead611
In England traffic school saves getting points on the licence.You have to attend for 4 hour; there is no online option. If you reoffend within 3 years traffic school is not an option.
Vindicator Vulcan V8 spyder, street legal sports racing car
(300hp,1400 lbs kerb weight) used for sprints on circuits, and hillclimbs
Old 03-03-2014, 03:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: