Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

Poll: Best Ketchup Delivery Vehicle
Poll Options
Best Ketchup Delivery Vehicle

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Ok curious about this, I use ketchup but only on fries and sometimes burgers...usually when they are dry. So here is my question, would you frown upon an adult putting ketchup on too many things? Would you break up with someone for such a thing? For instance you go to Ruth Chris and your date puts ketchup on her filet mignon.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedSpace View Post
Ok curious about this, I use ketchup but only on fries and sometimes burgers...usually when they are dry. So here is my question, would you frown upon an adult putting ketchup on too many things? Would you break up with someone for such a thing? For instance you go to Ruth Chris and your date puts ketchup on her filet mignon.
You must add a photo of the date or no man can answer that question!!!
Old 08-28-2014, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 930 View Post
You must add a photo of the date or no man can answer that question!!!
No photo - no answer. It's the law!
- - Don R. 1994, an excerpt from My Ass From a Hole in the Ground - A Comparative View
Old 08-28-2014, 04:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
The Tweeze

Best Ketchup Delivery Vehicle

Ha ha! Was this in response to my answer of "everything"? I don't put ketchup on my steak. Although I do ask for steak sauce at an Outback. I never ask for even steak sauce at Morton's or a Ruth Chris because the steak is too good to be masked by any sauce.

If a guy did that, would I break up with him? No, not necessarily. Probably would chat with him and say if you are going to cover that expensive steak with ketchup, we might as well go to Outback and you can use ketchup and I don't get pissy about you using ketchup on your steak and we are all happy.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Been to Ruth's twice and not all that impressed w/their Filet Mignon.
And I don't like to have mine with melted butter on top...so the 2nd time I asked for it to be not.
Still, wasn't worth the $$$$$$$$$$$.
- - Don R. 1994, an excerpt from My Ass From a Hole in the Ground - A Comparative View
Old 08-28-2014, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Wait. Maybe it would have been tastier w/ketchup.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Ro View Post
Wait. Maybe it would have been tastier w/ketchup.
Filet mignon is tastier with sawdust sprinkled over the top.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Ketsup on salmon patties! Salmon patties are the best of all ketsup delivery vehicles.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Some trivia for y'all - just to catch-u-up:
"When Heinz introduced commercial ketchup to American kitchens it became so popular that other manufacturers rushed to catch-up to the ketchup craze. Soon there were Ketchup, Catsup, Catchup, Katsup, Catsip, Cotsup, Kotchup, Kitsip, Catsoup, Katshoup, Katsock, Cackchop, Cornchop, Cotpock, Kotpock, Kutpuck, Kutchpuck and Cutchpuck. All were tomato based and bottled and vied to become a household word. Only 3 major brands remained to steal the spotlight...Heinz Ketchup, Del Monte Catsup, and Hunts, who could not decide on a spelling and bottled under the names Hunts Catsup (east of the Mississippi), Hunts Ketchup (west of the Mississippi), and Hunts Tomato Cornchops (in Iowa only).

In the 1980's ketchup was declared a vegetable by the government for school lunch menus. Suddenly Del Monte's Catsup, because of its spelling, was not on the approved list. Shortly afterward Del Monte changed the product's name to Del Monte Ketchup. So ketchup it is."
Old 08-28-2014, 09:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Back in the saddle again

Quote:
Not unless that was at the bottom of a long list of other problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Ro View Post
Been to Ruth's twice and not all that impressed w/their Filet Mignon.
And I don't like to have mine with melted butter on top...so the 2nd time I asked for it to be not.
Still, wasn't worth the $$$$$$$$$$$.
I've been there once, and I wasn't impressed. I'm rarely impressed with steak from a restaurant. I think I can count on one hand the restaurants that have impressed me with their steak. I'd rather cook it myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun 84 Targa View Post
Filet mignon is tastier with sawdust sprinkled over the top.
Then you've been doing it wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans, Marv View Post
Ketsup on salmon patties! Salmon patties are the best of all ketsup delivery vehicles.
'08 Boxster RS60 Spyder #0099/1960
- never named a car before, but this is Charlotte.
'88 targa SOLD 2004 - gone but not forgotten
Old 08-28-2014, 09:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Just thinking out loud

Catsup. Ketchup causes blindness.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage

White bread, fried egg, homemade ketchup. My recipe has no sugar, plus extra allspice and a pinch of cayenne to give it a bit of bite.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Obvious question: Would you be willing to post your recipe?
Sounds delicious.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Actual Porsche owner

Garage
^^
No problem. It's on my home computer so I can't do it now. I'll post it this weekend.

BTW you can jack up commercial ketchup by adding a little brown sugar, some Worcestershire sauce, and a tiny bit of cayenne. Put it all together and cook it a few minutes. Good stuff.

Last edited by wdfifteen; 08-29-2014 at 05:09 AM..
Old 08-29-2014, 05:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Thanks....my fiance won't eat sugar (when I'm looking, that is).
She likes to watch her figure.
And I as well (hers).
Old 08-29-2014, 05:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok curious about this, I use ketchup but only on fries and sometimes burgers...usually when they are dry. So here is my question, would you frown upon an adult putting ketchup on too many things? Would you break up with someone for such a thing? For instance you go to Ruth Chris and your date puts ketchup on her fillet mignon.
I wouldn't break up with someone for putting ketchup on her fillet mignon. I would educate her instead on fine stuff. I would mostly break up with a woman if I knew she lied to me. This is the real deal-breaker. If it bothers you so much her putting ketchup on her steak maybe that is not the real problem. I guess it also depends how long you have been dating.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdfifteen View Post
^^
No problem. It's on my home computer so I can't do it now. I'll post it this weekend.

BTW you can jack up commercial ketchup by adding a little brown sugar, some Worcestershire sauce, and a tiny bit of cayenne. Put it all together and cook it a few minutes. Good stuff.
Still waiting for your recipe
Old 08-31-2014, 07:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Taunter of Asshats

automato57

Last edited by dad911; 08-31-2014 at 07:38 PM..
Old 08-31-2014, 07:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
one of gods prototypes

Garage
Send a message via AIM to bell Send a message via Yahoo to bell
Green beans. .......
Old 08-31-2014, 07:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Mixed w/ horse radish, more garlic, etc. and put on shrimp, oysters, etc. So meat? But potato is good too... home fries w/ lots of onion, or good french fries. Or fried yucca pieces, mix ketchup, mayo, hot sauce, and other good stuff into a dip. Goes good with tostones too. So maybe potato/tubers.

But before I get flung over the cliff and die, what about non-traditional delivery methods - like Mac N Cheese?
Old 08-31-2014, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: