Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 2.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
devalued member

Location: Currently between Mumbai West, Silicon Valley Ca and Twain Harte Ca
Garage
with the ever changing cultural complexion of my home, the silicon valley im pretty sure goats in the burbs will be tolerated soon. im thinkin on a couple two ir three.

here's my photo image of this thread's exercise....

edit::: welcome page 7!

Last edited by juanbenae; 03-26-2016 at 07:27 PM..
Old 03-26-2016, 07:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #121 (permalink)

hey, I had a little while to check out some of your build thread yesterday. Pretty inspirational!

I liked the vacuum cleaner ducting. Makes me want to grab another 911 and take it to the next several levels!

And another thing. What is up with that pic above? I've seen that a few times before, but could never find any info on it. Do you know the history? I was half tempted to not post here this morning, and thought perhaps no one else would either. Ever again. Because it seemed a fitting way to end this strange trip of a thread. 5 years from now, someone would come across it, read to the end, and not have to wonder about what happened here by simpley staring at the pic for a few seconds. Ship of fools, man.......A ship of fools!!

But then again, it's like camping....the next morning. Should I stoke the coals and get the fire going? It'll smelled bad for just a while. But, I already stink to high heaven, and I'll be nice and warm in short order. yeah, I'll go for it.
Old 03-28-2016, 04:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #122 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
kinda ran short on steam yesterday.. never did get my ARB's installed yesterday so pushed that off. will update another time. the build was fun & thanks!

if the PP trust no longer wants to float this thread I understand. it was fun while it lasted and really showed who DDB is. mission accomplished.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #123 (permalink)
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juanbenae View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf View Post
What is up with that pic above? I've seen that a few times before, but could never find any info on it. Do you know the history? I was half tempted to not post here this morning, and thought perhaps no one else would either. Ever again. Because it seemed a fitting way to end this strange trip of a thread. 5 years from now, someone would come across it, read to the end, and not have to wonder about what happened here by simpley staring at the pic for a few seconds. Ship of fools, man.......A ship of fools!!
Those are wax museum figures. Here is one story on the photo:

Burnt and melted wax figures after the 1925 fire at Madame Tussauds in London | The Museum of Ridiculously Interesting Things
PRC GTL #3
Old 03-28-2016, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #124 (permalink)
A Marchand fan before you

Garage
Old video but really funny.

Old 03-28-2016, 11:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #125 (permalink)
Racer

Wow, Toby, I guess I am chopped liver. Either that or chrisf doesn't like my posts!
PRC GTL #3
Old 03-29-2016, 08:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #126 (permalink)

Old 03-30-2016, 12:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #127 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by winders View Post
Wow, Toby, I guess I am chopped liver. Either that or chrisf doesn't like my posts!
I was waiting for the other shoe to drop scott...... how is the recovery going with No. 3? id imagine yir on for t-hill later this month? won't visit you guys again until laguna in may.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128 (permalink)
Racer

Quote:
I was waiting for the other shoe to drop scott...... how is the recovery going with No. 3? id imagine yir on for t-hill later this month? won't visit you guys again until laguna in may.
Except for a bent steering arm the car is fine. I had enough threads on the bump steer kit (Rebel Racing) heim joint to get the toe back to where it needed to be. The hit wasn't really all that hard. The car actually felt better on Sunday than it did on Saturday. I won't get the arm straightened until the July break and maybe not even then if the car is working fine still. The only other damage was a slight crack in the fender which is easy to fix and a bit of scuffing to the wheel. That was fixed easily with a file.
PRC GTL #3
Old 03-30-2016, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129 (permalink)

Hi winders/juan.

I'm sorry I haven't been posting here. Been really busy at work....and what little time I have been spending here, has been researching..........turbos.....and turbo charging.

I do not know how I got myself into this situation (so the saying goes), but if everything works out, It looks like I will catching up with some friends Saturday morning at Road Atlanta, and will be coming back with a pretty stout little turbo setup for a 3.2l.

Tell me I am doing the right thing!? What could go wrong, right?

~Chris

btw winders......a wax museum fire? I had always thought it was some sort of staged photo. maybe a weird art thing. Maybe because I use to date a chick who looked like a 15 year younger version of the chick holding her hand up. That chick was freakin' nuts. It was fitting to see her in a pic with a few other wackos in what looked to be like straight jackets.

oh, and did you have an one track incident or something? sounds like you and your car are o.k.

Last edited by chrisf; 03-30-2016 at 11:46 AM..
Old 03-30-2016, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #130 (permalink)
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf View Post
oh, and did you have an one track incident or something? sounds like you and your car are o.k.
Yeah, I was too aggressive in turn 2 at Sears Point and bumped a friend and the class leading car just in front of the right rear wheel. I spun him sideways. I went in a bit too hot and understeered right into him. He left enough room. Bad move on my part. I hit him with my left front wheel. Bent the steering arm or whatever it is called a bit. I am pretty sure his damage was all cosmetic. I hate being stupid!
PRC GTL #3
Old 03-30-2016, 12:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #131 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by winders View Post
Bent the steering arm or whatever it is called a bit.
"or whatever it's called"? who hacked scott's account??? could it have been a tie-rod?

I wished I'd paid the $50 to maintain my membership to see the race report from saturdee.... lots of things happening.

or is scott actually DDB?
Old 03-30-2016, 04:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #132 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
and hey scott! also can you n mon keep a couple goats for me down san martin way until I get down to prune-tuckey?
Old 03-30-2016, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #133 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Monson View Post
20 whole people killed in last 120 years. Wow! Not a lot, eh. Sighting have increased but there hasn't been attack in your area since 2014. Attacks are not common.

Every trailhead I leave has bear warning and cougar signs. I don't remember the last time an attack of either happened and I have seen both on the trail in the last 12 months.

Your driving is more likely to hurt or kill someone than a mountain lion.

https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Ftina .dorschel%2Fvideos%2F10207553046537178%2F&display=popup&ref=plugin&src=video
Old 03-31-2016, 07:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #134 (permalink)
Racer

Quote:
"or whatever it's called"? who hacked scott's account??? could it have been a tie-rod?
No, the tie-rod is fine. The arm on the strut that the tie-rod attaches to is bent a little. I believe that is called the "steering arm".
PRC GTL #3
Old 03-31-2016, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #135 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
so, in a singular effort to keep DDB's passing a school bus under flashing reds thread alive I submit the following.

my pops has just procured a 2012 "centennial" addition z06 corvette with just a hair under 10k miles. not a vette fan, but figured if we took a ride by a school bus stop or two we might be able to scar, yes scar, not scare a couple kids. they would hate corvette guy instead of Porsche guy!

see how im helping as opposed to hurting our brand?

jbt

Last edited by juanbenae; 04-01-2016 at 09:03 PM..
Old 04-01-2016, 08:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #136 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinhiju View Post
Bikes hear me from a few hundred yards back. I can see them tense up, visibly freeze mid stroke. Corner or not, I'm coming around, and they know it. I blast by, shrieking like a pissed off predator chasing down slow prey. It's my road....get used to it.
Is it "pulling like a freight train"?
Old 04-02-2016, 12:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #137 (permalink)
devalued member

Garage
so, after getting delayed some im going to install the 6t (lingo for a 996tt) tomorrow as promised weeks aqo opted out of including adjustable drop links at this time hoping the OE links will withstand the lack of stiffness from the 13 y.o springs at factory ride height. will run hwy 25 south from hollister after the install meeting in san juan batista around noon then heading toward & past the pinnacles...

here's an official CCB call out to lead our line of sports cars on a canyon carve south from Hollister tomorrow. like 45 minute drive from the SC mountains where he is to live to SJB meet up point. come drive with us, or kick my ass.... PM for number and details.

sorry for the late notice....
Old 04-15-2016, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #138 (permalink)
A Marchand fan before you

Garage
Dear God, why didn't you just let this thread die?
Old 04-16-2016, 04:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139 (permalink)

juan, good luck

Quote:
so, after getting delayed some im going to install the 6t (lingo for a 996tt) tomorrow as promised weeks aqo opted out of including adjustable drop links at this time hoping the OE links will withstand the lack of stiffness from the 13 y.o springs at factory ride height. will run hwy 25 south from hollister after the install meeting in san juan batista around noon then heading toward & past the pinnacles...

here's an official CCB call out to lead our line of sports cars on a canyon carve south from Hollister tomorrow. like 45 minute drive from the SC mountains where he is to live to SJB meet up point. come drive with us, or kick my ass.... PM for number and details.

sorry for the late notice....
with suspension upgrade installs. Please take some pics and post of the finished setup (if you have time) and of the drive as well!

Please be alert and cautious as well!!

And if you happen to hook up with CCB, give him my best. Have fun.

~Chris

Last edited by chrisf; 04-16-2016 at 05:15 AM..
Old 04-16-2016, 05:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #140 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: