Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

undercoat what has been done originally in '69..?

Hi out there!

Now I almost finished all the welding of the chassis on my 911T '69. It's time to prepare the next step.
Parts of the chassis have been sanded back to bare metal and then sprayed with 2 component epoxy primer. My question is what is originally done....
after this epoxyprimer first a layer of rubberized underseal (stoneguard) from Wurth. Should this undercoat been sprayed in the original body collor (Bright Ivory) of the car? Or should the whole floor pan and and wheel arches be black? I looked into a lot of books, but I could not find the answer....

So what is the best way preserving this long term restoration project and/or what has been done originally in '69? All advice is more then welcome.

Regards,
Bart de Bruijn
The Netherlands
Old 08-23-2008, 08:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

A 69'er should have all of the following in black

Wheel arch,
Floor pan,
front trunk, and
the engine bay

The original coating was a (petrolium) based product some say Tectyle

I think the standard used now is Wurth SKS, although i've seen some people use Wurth sprayable sealer.

My car is an Australian/Euro spec 69T and was pretty much untouched before i started it's resto
Old 08-25-2008, 01:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: