Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

1974 914 Rust issues

I had posted this in the 914 threads, this seems to be the correct area

I have a 1974 914 that has issues with rust along the inside (Sail/targa support?) I'm not sure what it's called and I'm having a hard time finding any information on repairing it. Also is this area a major issue as far as structural support?
There are no other rust through problems along the firewall or floor, just surface rust. Wheel wells are good, front trunk is great, the rear is rusty, no holes. The car isn't sagging, the rear driver side tire seems to tilt in at the top slightly (checked out ok), and the door sills look to have been heavily bondo repaired and it hasn't been on a lift yet. So how does it sound so far? I'm in the beginning phase of restoring her so if this is a major issue I may need to rethink repairing it and look for a new one

Thats her

Last edited by Sucker4my914; 01-01-2009 at 09:56 AM..
Old 01-01-2009, 09:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

rust 914

I think you would be better of, transplanting all parts to that finished body.

contact Ian for pictures, it's all paintede and ready to receive parts.

For Sale: 1975 914 Chassis, would make a great base for a vintage race car or similar. Rust free, straight, with beautiful signal orange paint. Includes front/rear hoods, front/rear glass. Chassis had previously been converted to take a 911 style 6 cylinder - so those expensive front engine mount, and chassis stiffening kits are already in place. $C 2500 obo, buyer to pickup. Chassis located in Calgary, AB.

Chassis carries an Alberta non-rebuildable title, so cannot be road registered. This as a result of a minor engine fire, that slightly damaged the engine (not included) and the engine cover lid (included), but although chassis came through unscathed, insurance branded it as non-rebuildable.

No suspension included, but will have a nice 914 2.0L front suspension and rear stub axle/brakes/hubs (as well as other bits and pieces) available for fairly cheap.

Questions, please email me at icuthbertson (at) shaw (dot) ca. Thanks for looking!
Old 01-01-2009, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I emailed him,I just hope he still has it. I can't thank you enough, it's perfect.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: