Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
another renn speed fitment issue,..what to do

i am at my wits end with fiberglass work,..this is the second time i have ordered stuff from rennspd (should have learned my lesson, but wanted to try again), and it has not fit worth a ....

i got a set of 964 turbo rockers from them, and i can understand these bodies are known for being different from the factory,..so ok,...move on

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/paint-bodywork-discussion-forum/555943-anyone-have-fitment-issues-renn-speed.html

so now i order a turbo front lip from them, and this thing isnt even on the same planet as the bumper

Old 08-24-2010, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

when will people get it ?? when you buy a fiberglass part 99% of the time you have to make the thing fit the car !! it does not matter were you buy it or from what maker it comes from . you have to make the part fit the car . its not the falt of the manufacture making the part . i have had people bring things to my shop and tell me that the sales person told me it will bolt right on . you bet your ass he did he wants to make the sale ! if he told you that you have to make the thing fit would you buy it ? when you buy a composite part (carbon fiber or fiberglass ) your only saving the time and money of making a mold and doing a basic layup of that part you want . about 2 months ago i got a new euro front bumper for my 88 countach with shipping it was 2200 dollars . i know i would have to make the thing fit the car when i ordered it . so the bottom line is when you buy a composite part know from the start you have to fit the part to the car . even if the sales person tells you it a bolt on part . HE'S A SALES PERSON !!!

Last edited by 962porsche; 08-24-2010 at 03:08 PM..
Old 08-24-2010, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
i am a sales manager, i can sell ice to a eskimo, its not about selling or buying here,..

i have dealt with alot of fiberglass parts from past cars, and i have never had anything this bad...

yes all fiberglass parts need fitting, i understand that, but not cutting something in 5 pieces and putting it back together to get close
Old 08-24-2010, 04:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

if its that bad return it . i work with top end car only! most all of them have some tipe of composite panels and only (maybe) 1 out of 100 don't need to be cut and fit to the car and thats with FACTORY ferrari and lambo parts . its just the way it is ! if you do return it you may get a better part but then again you may get some thing even worse . but it is about buying !when you the purchaser a composite panel YOU should know that you have to fit the part . and thats the case if you have to cut it one time or 100 times to get it to fit . this spring i returned a QTR for a f430 and the 2nd one i got was worse than the 1st one . i feal your pain but its just the way it is . so you can send it back and how knows ? or you can just make that one fit ?

Last edited by 962porsche; 08-24-2010 at 05:15 PM..
Old 08-24-2010, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Who made the bumper you are trying to fit the lip on, or is it a factory piece????...

Rennspeed gets parts from more than one manufacturer, so you may end up buying the exact same part from a different source.

Cheers
Old 08-24-2010, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

looking at the photos it loos like you only have to make 4 cut and remove about an inch from the corners . that will move the ends forward getting the gap needed were it flears out . please do not take this the wrong way !! but from the looks of your last glass job on the rocker covers you don't have much experience working with glass . get a how to book on fiberglass . with the rocker covers it should not crack but if you do the fix to the lip spoiler that way that kind of fix will crack when you scrape it on a drive way . you should remove all the primer, paint and or jel coat and glass on the fiberglass only . i would opt for a cloth not strain (chop) matting . crossing the weave with each lay up .

Last edited by 962porsche; 08-25-2010 at 04:31 PM..
Old 08-25-2010, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Here is the original e-mail i sent to James:
Hi James,
It's your front bumper, who's bumper is that?
That's a very bad copies of the factory C2 bumper, it's not even close.
Our C2 bumper is an exact duplicate of the factory 965 Turbo front bumper:
www.Rennspd.Com
The RSR spoiler fit perfecttly to factory Oem bumper so I know it's not
the spoiler.
For the past 18 years we have sold more than 100 of this spoiler worldwide
since we make the mold in 1992 not a single complain.

Here is the link to the spoiler fitted to our fiberglass C2 Turbo bumper and factory Oem bumper.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: