Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Keep original or change color. specific question, I searched already.

Ok, I know this has been asked 100 times. My car needs a respray, it was painted once due to a Porsche shop tool box falling on it back in the day. They did not do that wonderful of a job IMO. The car is a 1978 911sc in a metallic brown,brown interior also. I just wanted to be sure that this was not some special combo before destroying it's originality. So please forgive the repetitive question, I just wanted to be sure I was not making a stupid mistake. Thank you for all that take the time to read and not bust my bits.

Josh

Old 04-30-2011, 12:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Changing colors........

I just finished putting my SC back together after a glass out, fenders off (along with everything else) paint job. I went with the original color because a color change would have basically meant completely stripping the tub of everything! Going back to the same color is tough enough so unless you are willing to put many weeks into the disassembly and reassembly, stick with the same color. It took me about 2 weeks to disassemble my car, two months in the paint shop and another month for reassembly. From what I have read, 3 1/2 months for this kind of job is actually faster than average. Good luck with your project!

Old 04-30-2011, 07:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: