Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

'88 930 color codes?

Does anyone know definitively what colors w/ codes the 88 930's came in?
Reply's w/ links or pics would be great.

1. guards red LM3A

thanks in advance,
Chuck

Old 08-07-2012, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Chuck- I have an '88 brochure- the colors listed are different than the code type you listed as an example- hope this is helpful.

A1- Black
B1- Summer Yellow
D9- Caramel Beige
G1- Guards Red
G4- Carmine Red
K5- Dark Blue
M7- Turquoise
P5- Grand Prix White
F2- Lagoon Green Metallic
F3- Granite Green Metallic
F4- Nougat Brown Metallic
F5- Diamond Blue Metallic
F6- Espresso Brown Metallic
F7- Marine Blue Metallic
F8- Venetian Blue Metallic
F9- Cassis Red Metallic
S7- Silver Metallic

Last edited by xbrumossalesman; 08-07-2012 at 01:12 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 08-07-2012, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrumossalesman View Post
Chuck- I have an '88 brochure- the colors listed are different than the code type you listed as an example- hope this is helpful.

A1- Black
B1- Summer Yellow
D9- Caramel Beige
G1- Guards Red
G4- Carmine Red
K5- Dark Blue
M7- Turquoise
P5- Grand Prix White
F2- Lagoon Green Metallic
F3- Granite Green Metallic
F4- Nougat Brown Metallic
F5- Diamond Blue Metallic
F6- Espresso Brown Metallic
F7- Marine Blue Metallic
F8- Venetian Blue Metallic
F9- Cassis Red Metallic
S7- Silver Metallic
the numbers you listed are usless number . they are only order numbers not color codes .
GP white's color number is not P5 . GP white was used from 1973 to 1996 it would be 908 .

Last edited by 962porsche; 08-07-2012 at 05:02 PM..
Old 08-07-2012, 04:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

guards red is not a color that was offered in 1988 .
guards red was only offered from 1973 to 1987 with a color number of 027
then offered again starting in 1994 to date with a color number of 84A .
that would be for the US market the rest of the world they started guards red again in 1993 .
i would have to look but if i rember right LM3A has the name of indischrot .
i could look up all the colors offered in the year of 1988 . but not all colors were offered for every country . there is also the fact that there are 99 , 999 or 9999 colors too they are spechel order only colors . with porsche you can order any color they every offered or even pick your own color if you so chose .
the books i have from when i was the dept head of coating at porsche do not brake down the colors from year to year . so i would have to go thru every color up to the year of 1988 to see just what colors were offered for the north american market . i will do many things to help out you guys but that takes hours so it not some thing i do . i get about 3 emails every week asking just what your asking . the 1st thing i have to ask is why do you need that info ?

Last edited by 962porsche; 08-07-2012 at 05:14 PM..
Old 08-07-2012, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

You both have been very helpful -- from the 2 letter code I was able to find the 3 letter codes that I needed (proceeding the L)

LM1A = summer yellow = B1
LM3A = India Red = G1
L347 = Dark Blue = K5

thanks for the guards red L027 / India red LM3A clarification -- I've read allot of posts saying these are the same and an equal amount saying they are different.

The reason I asked is because I'm finishing up a series of t-shirts designs.

Thanks again,
Chuck
Old 08-07-2012, 06:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckc View Post
You both have been very helpful -- from the 2 letter code I was able to find the 3 letter codes that I needed (proceeding the L)

LM1A = summer yellow = B1
LM3A = India Red = G1
L347 = Dark Blue = K5

thanks for the guards red L027 / India red LM3A clarification -- I've read allot of posts saying these are the same and an equal amount saying they are different.

The reason I asked is because I'm finishing up a series of t-shirts designs.

Thanks again,
Chuck
Glad you found the information helpful although it was just the order codes not the paint codes that 962 Porsche was talking about-Despite what anyone says you could get a Guards Red turbo in 1988 as a standard color. I will be glad to provide you with my "Colors and Interior Trim '88" brochure if you think it would help with your project.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Mine is an 88 guards red and the code on the sticker under the hood is G-1. some years it's called india red but it's the same color. After the british india guards and thier bright red uniforms.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
2019 Silverado 6.2L
Old 08-07-2012, 09:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
This has worked great for me....

Color-Online
87 944na - Old Daily Driver, now 944 CUP
03 Chevy Avalanche- Support Vehicle
70 Olds 442 W30 Conv- Gone but not forgotten
http://www.diazracing.com
adiaz@diazracing.com
Old 08-08-2012, 06:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

Quote:
Glad you found the information helpful although it was just the order codes not the paint codes that 962 Porsche was talking about-Despite what anyone says you could get a Guards Red turbo in 1988 as a standard color. I will be glad to provide you with my "Colors and Interior Trim '88" brochure if you think it would help with your project.
the is a color book used by the dealer . ther color stops in 1988 . if you go by the month the the cars are built then of course they would have to offer the color in the book but a true 1988 car that would be built from june of that year on then no color called guards red was offered .
car model years do not go from january to january of the next year . nost perduction runs start and stop in the month of june and july .
i 'm sure i have the same book you do it was the dept i ran that puts the books together for the dealers .
Old 08-08-2012, 10:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Quote:
thanks for the offer but that won't be necessary, just listing it out was great.
I'll post the design I sent to the printer for pricing. Thanks again for your help.

Thanks 962porsche for the 87-88 red debate info. I'm not using 930, 911, or the year in the shirt so it's not super critical but good to know.

armandodiaz I added that link to my favs for future use. thanks

Ken911 thanks for chiming in -- what a badass car you have!

here is what it was for:
I'll do a limited run sometime in the future.

Old 08-08-2012, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
dkbautosports.com

the L should be dropped for the codes like 027 there is no L in it . the L is used by VW and Audi corp and the CARS that were built on there plants .
on the other hand you can use the german ward for paint as Lackierung or autolack .
on the early porsches it stood for lesonal . it was to tell what plant the car was built in like karmann or vw audi . later when all porsches had to use BASF coating by contract the L was dropped .
for instance if you go into the BASF color look up and tipe in the L or 027 making it L027 you will get a reply that states no information found invalid color code .
unless it's a hold over color as of 1973 when the contract was signed that all porsches had to only use BASF products all color codes are only 3 digits or letters or a combo of them but only 3 .
Old 08-08-2012, 05:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 962porsche View Post
the L should be dropped for the codes like 027 there is no L in it . the L is used by VW and Audi corp and the CARS that were built on there plants .
on the other hand you can use the german ward for paint as Lackierung or autolack .
on the early porsches it stood for lesonal . it was to tell what plant the car was built in like karmann or vw audi . later when all porsches had to use BASF coating by contract the L was dropped .
for instance if you go into the BASF color look up and tipe in the L or 027 making it L027 you will get a reply that states no information found invalid color code .
unless it's a hold over color as of 1973 when the contract was signed that all porsches had to only use BASF products all color codes are only 3 digits or letters or a combo of them but only 3 .
thanks...That makes since then why my 914 has the L since it was a VW/Porsche. I'll adjust the artwork tomorrow and drop the L's. Great info! thanks again,
Chuck
Old 08-08-2012, 05:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

dkbautosports.com

the 914 i owned was taged as a VW . they were only sold in the USA as a porsche every were else in the world they were sold as VW's .
you will also find the same color codeing with the 944 bodyed cars as they were built in the 1st vw plant and after the audi plant .

Old 08-08-2012, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: