Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
need a little help ..

Just brought home .. actually towed a new to me 75 911s and the driver door does not shut correctly ... the door its self seems to be straight and the latch both sides appear to be right .. the door frame at the top front .. right aboout the wing window rubs at the curved part at the top of the door frame .. is the window frame adjustable ??

I dont have any pics of that side at the moment but have inserted a pic of the passenger side ..it is right at the point it goes from straight and then curves at the top of the door .. seems to have done it for a while as the paint is rubbed off at that spot about 3"

Thanks .. I will try and get the other side in a pic and figure out how to edit and put a line in the picture

Old 12-23-2012, 10:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Condratulations on the new purchase 68-911SC.

Yes the frame is adjustable and removable. There are two are several allen screws in the jambs. #8 or #10 I can not rememebr which exactly. Loosen those up and you can adjust the windoww frame in and out. I think there is also one behind the door card below the window regulator that will allow you to adjust the front track.

Good luck with the new ride.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Project Addicted

THe back post of the window frame is also adjustable. Look for the plug at the bottom on the door and you will see an M5 cap screw in a slot. This will allow the top of the frame to move in and out.

1966 912
1976 911 3.4 Backdate Project
1986 944
Old 12-24-2012, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
thank you gentlemen ... will get out tomorrow if i can .. I assume the door panel off things will be clearer ...

Thank you .. and have a great holiday ....

Steve
Old 12-24-2012, 07:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

It will be a little clearer because you will be able to follow the window tracks. Here is a line drawing of the frame in a door. There are two Allen screws at the upper leading edge of the wing window, two at the upper of the back tack and one at the bottom of each leg. As I recall.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

You may need to paint it again.

http://www.4wowgold.com

Old 01-11-2013, 10:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: