Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Miscellaneous and Off Topic Forums > Paint, Bodywork & Detailing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Two stupid questions on painting...

Hi, I'm finally getting to the point where I can start thinking about getting the car ready for painting. My current plan is to paint the front trunk, the engine bay, and the inside so as to start assembling it before prepping it and bringing it to a pro for the outside.

The color is 915 metallic silver, which is a base+clear coat, and I have a couple of dumb questions:

-Do I need to put clear coat on these areas or is it a waste of time?
-Am I forgetting something? I'd like the car to be on its wheels for the final prep and not to have too much to instal when it's painted. Last car suffered from reinstalling everything in a tight space...

Thanks for your input!

Dario
Old 11-01-2017, 02:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
914-6Werkshop

You need the clear over the base or the base will just rub off. If you don't want to use the 2 part system, you can mask the exterior and paint the interior, trunk and wheel wells in single stage. Then mask the single stage and have your painter use the 2 part on the exterior.
Old 11-01-2017, 06:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks, will follow your advice and apply clear coat over all the paint!
Old 11-04-2017, 12:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: