Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
CIS install & component mounting ?

I am reinstalling my Air-Box & CIS complete. I show a stud with a 13mm nut at the rear of my engine against the fire-wall. I feel it is to mount a strut/brace to the Air-Box. can someone enlighten me of what mounts on it?

Old 10-16-2019, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

It mounts the rear of the CIS airbox. Here is a blow up of mine for reference.
Jeff
1979 124 Spider
1978 124 Spider
Old 10-16-2019, 08:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Wrong stud.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrera30 View Post
I am reinstalling my Air-Box & CIS complete. I show a stud with a 13mm nut at the rear of my engine against the fire-wall. I feel it is to mount a strut/brace to the Air-Box. can someone enlighten me of what mounts on it?

Mill,

The rear driver side CIS airbox bracket or support is mounted on the throttle plate stud shown in Jeff’s picture. The stud you are referring is used for the engine lifting bracket. You probably have not dropped a 911 engine before that is why you are installing a complete CIS unit with the motor installed. I don’t blame you.

But people with experience will advise you otherwise. This is your project do it the way you like it. I have done too many CIS unit removal/installation including start ups that I prefer to work with the motor sitting on an engine stand. Just imagine if you have several motors in your garage waiting to be done (removal/installation of CIS units). I will bet that you will not do the next CIS removal/installation the same way unless you are the type of person who enjoy hardship and frustration.

Tony
Old 10-16-2019, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Tony & Jeff, super, I now feel more comfortable that I am 'not' loosing it. I did remove all my Box & CIS with the engine fully installed. I had completely dropped & removed it years back for a rebuild. Shouldn't have left this project idle so long. Thanks again>

Old 10-16-2019, 06:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: