Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Unlikely, but worth a try.

My SC had a miss for years. It got worse when the car was hot. It turned out the plastic cover in the distributor. Flat thing under the rotor to stop crud falling into the works. Was rotated or misplaced or something, causing the distributor cap to not be correctly seated. I guess it made it too high on one side and not a good enough contact for the rotor to send a current to certain plugs.

Old 11-20-2019, 10:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Welp, I can't justify spending 10k minimum to replace a head stud with no additional upgrades, other fixes, etc. Just the bare minimum to get me back on the road.

That said, I will be spending Thanksgiving week and likely December holidays doing it myself. I will likely start a thread in the engine rebuild forum with progression details, questions, etc.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Pirate Rhum

Garage
I love these posts. , have had same issue for a year. Took it to a Porsche shop they never solved it and charged me all kinds of fees and send me home. I have changed fuel injector seals, spark plugs, valve adjustment, cleaned WUR and all ejectors, replaced fuel filter. And nada

So reading this thread with so much knowledgable people inputting things to try is wonderful.
Keep it going guys. More of us are suffering from the same 911 ailments than you know
Old 02-11-2020, 05:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Registered

Had similar problem , it was the coil.

Old 02-11-2020, 06:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Tags
1981 , 3.0 , 911 , 911 sc , 911sc