Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Shift question after jacking up car one side at a time.

Today I jacked up my Carrera to look at the ac hoses. Did one side at a time the proper way. Then I took her for a short ride and I came to a stop and did not want to go into any gear. Finally got in gear and car seems to shift fine again. Could jacking up the car caused this weirdness? Thanks, nick

Old 01-07-2020, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Troll Hunter

Garage
Jacking up the car with the proper jacking points will not affect shifting. It's what you did while you were under there, or what you did to support it, that may have altered its condition.

Sounds like coincidence to me.

BTW, have you changed or checked your transmission Fluid/
Old 01-07-2020, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I think then it just happened. Shifting fine now. Yes fluid is new and good. Just weird, Car is only 34 years old!!
Old 01-07-2020, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

So that means the car is at least half the age of both NastyNick and NickNasty?!?!
Old 01-07-2020, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Troll Hunter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rawknees'Turbo View Post
So that means the car is at least half the age of both NastyNick and NickNasty?!?!
Don't look now Ronnie, but your nuts are hangin out of your shorts.
Old 01-07-2020, 06:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Ha ha! No wonder I've been experiencing this strange chaffing lately!!!
Old 01-07-2020, 07:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Amateur

Garage
Probably a coincidence but what could cause the inability to get into any gear ... besides advanced age ?

Clutch problem perhaps.
Old 01-07-2020, 08:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Ok, I’m old. Just maybe I forgot how to shift for 10 seconds. Happens. Anyway, I need new AC hoses. Both were pinched at the same spot. So I think a shop months ago could have lifted the car wrong. I’m really bummed because when the ac was working I was getting 85 on a 92 degree day!!!
Old 01-07-2020, 11:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Mighty Meatlocker Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Triesch View Post
Ok, Iím old. Just maybe I forgot how to shift for 10 seconds. Happens. Anyway, I need new AC hoses. Both were pinched at the same spot. So I think a shop months ago could have lifted the car wrong. Iím really bummed because when the ac was working I was getting 85 on a 92 degree day!!!
Dayuuummnnn, NickNasty, your a/c system must work really well, from November to March in yer neck of the woods!

Old 01-08-2020, 09:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: