Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via AIM to wastintime
Question How do I install 964 Splitters?

Hey everyone,

I've installed front slplitters on a 993 for a customer's track car and when I ordered them for my 964 I assumed they would be fairly similiar. They are, of course, nothing alike, and I have no idea how in the world to install them. I'm fairly sure I'm going to need to have a professional bodyshop do them, but I was wondering if anyone has done this and knows some details of the install so I can give the bodyshop some directions... also if anyone has pictures of a 964 with splitters that would help immensely. I have a pic of an RS America with them, but the pic doesn't really show how they're attached to the car. I'll post that pic so you can see what I'm talking about... the black splitters on the front of the car:

Thanks,
Andrew

Old 01-28-2004, 07:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
I don't know if it's worth anything, but here's how mine goes on:

Various VWs
Old 01-28-2004, 09:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I believe my car is using pop rivets, Kevin
Old 01-28-2004, 10:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Thom:
Where did you get your splitter- I am looking for a full width one but can't seem to locate a source.
Thanks
Bob
'14 X5 diesel
Old 01-29-2004, 03:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Does anyone know how to install the small RS splitters?

'67 912, '92 C2, and '93 RSA - all gone
Old 01-29-2004, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Too big to fail

Garage
Send a message via AIM to widebody911 Send a message via Yahoo to widebody911
Quote:
Originally posted by 911toronto
Thom:
Where did you get your splitter- I am looking for a full width one but can't seem to locate a source.
Thanks
Bob
http://www.rennspd.com

Edited to fix incorrect URL
Various VWs

Last edited by widebody911; 01-30-2004 at 12:35 PM..
Old 01-29-2004, 07:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

really. if anyone knows how to install the RS splitters in the pic that I posted I would really appreciate the advice. From looking at that pic I'm starting to wonder if the pieces that I have are just crap, except that they were fairly expensive from a company that we use a lot at the shop that I work at and we've never had any problems with them.

Old 01-29-2004, 10:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Does the company you purchased them from have a clue on install?
Old 01-29-2004, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
I installed my 964 two-piece splitters (Carbon) with pop-rivets. Just clamped them to hold them in place, drilled the holes, then riveted them to the bumper. You could use some stainless hardware if you wanted to have them more easily removeable.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

hmmm, maybe the pieces i have really are crap then, the pic looks like the attach the plastic undertrays, but mine don't seem to want to fit anywhere

Old 01-29-2004, 06:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

well, they went on fairly easily... I used machine screws with large washers and speed clips to bolt them onto the lower plastic pieces. A heat gun helped get them in place and then once they were attached I heated and cooled them and they seemed to retain the shape pretty well. They look damn good too... I'll post a pic later.

Old 01-30-2004, 12:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: