Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

should i enlargen piston squirters?

I am rebuilding my 2.7 turbo engine I was wondering if it is possible or recomended to enlargen the squirters bigger than standard turbo size to help cool the pistons even more. im using a 964 pump so oil pressure drop should not be a problem.

Old 02-01-2004, 02:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to HawgRyder
I am planning the same mod.
Apparently the later squirters are bigger (more flow) than the early ones.
Same hole to fit into, but more flow when activated.
Remember...when fitting the 964 pump....only remove material from the next web forward (I prefitted my new pump and found I only need to remove a little of the next web to get it in)....I thought originally I would need to mill 2 webs.
Good luck
Bob
Old 02-01-2004, 09:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

thanks bob im just getting ready to do it! i was wondering how big i can go with squirters the only ones i see listed are early standard and turbo. can i go bigger than the turbo size or is that to big?
Old 02-01-2004, 04:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Concidering that even the turbo pump can move only so much volume I would recommend maxing out at the newest turbo squirters.
Old 02-01-2004, 05:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

thanks i was asking cause i know that prototech and protoplant open there up twice as big as stock turbos.

Old 02-01-2004, 06:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: