Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Red face tip trans with 3.2

My wife has become aware of all the craziness was all talk about on the forum though me talking about it incessantly. She has never cared for my -84 targa except for an occasional summer ride. We test drove 993 cab with a tip not long ago. Eventhough the car was not well cared for she really liked the tip. If we had this she could actually drive it from time to time; dunno about a cab though... I had low expectations of the car but was actually impressed by the trans.
This sounds crazy but has anyone ever tried installing a tip trans with a 3.2 motor? Even is the answer is no I'll bet that swapping a 3.6/tip with the 3.2/915 would work?

I know, I know, we should just get another 911)

jt

Old 10-12-2005, 10:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Registered

Keep the stick and don't ever teach your wife to drive a stick. This way she won't be borrowing the PORSCHE to go shopping.

My current wife leaves my PORSCHE and my LOTUSES alone because she doesn't like to drive a stick.

My previous wife knew how to drive a stick and that is why my mint Quattro 4000CS ended up with a bunch of dents and door dings.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

Send a message via Yahoo to Lukesportsman
I would consider you lucky already for having a wife that ride in a Europa. My wife won't even ride in my MG because it is "too low" in traffic. Is it an authentic type 52? I've promised myself to own a Europa before its all over.

Sorry, don't have any real input on the tipo swap. I do second the idea of a second 911. Its not like people are standing in line for early tiptronic 911 and you just might get her hooked too.
Old 10-13-2005, 03:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

my guess is it would be cost prohibitive in a 911 chassis. better to get a 964 or 993 that already has one, they are usually a bit cheaper than a stick.

Old 10-13-2005, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: