Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

front end alignment specs

I don't have my Bentley on me, but, what are factory specs for 79 SC alignment (front and back). I am getting an alignment soon, and would like to set everything slightly more aggressive than stock.

I am considering -0.5 front camber, -1.0 rear with the front and rear set to 0 toe. Will this make the front way to darty on the street? Maybe 1/32 toe in on the front would be more appropriate, but I hate scrubbing the tires in the parking lot.

I believe the rear is -1.0 factory spec, and have worn nice and even on my last set of tires.

Yes, I did a search, and everyone does it differently. The car will be 90% street.

Doug

Old 10-13-2005, 06:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Used Up User

Garage
The factory specs are shown on the sheet below. In between the arrows . . .

Ian

----- “Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.” A. Einstein -----
Old 10-13-2005, 06:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Thanks, imcarthur!

So, if the front is spec'd at 0 degrees camber and the rear at -1, should I increase both by .5, making the front -0.5 and the rear -1.5? I am leaning toward setting the front and rear toe to 0, but will this make the car to darty? I like to drive, so I don't mind keeping at least one hand on the wheel.

Old 10-13-2005, 11:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: