Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Porsche Crest Cis Idle Adjustment?

Car is 77S----How do i adjust idle speed?
is this done w/ injection pump adj. screw?
Old 03-04-2006, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I DID A SEARCH--IT APPEARS THERE IS A MIX. ADJ.& AN IDLE
ADJ. SCREW--I THOUGHT ID ASK BEFORE CHANGING ANYTHING.

I GUESS EVERYONES TIRED OF CIS QUESTIONS
Old 03-05-2006, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

It's not that we're tired of CIS questions, it's just that some of us slept last night and were away from the computer.

The mixture adjustment screw is on the fuel distributor head, on the right side of the engine, towards the top. I suggest leaving this one alone.

The idle speed adjustment screw is on the left side of the engine, behind the air cleaner assembly and below and to the left of the ribbed rubber boot that connects the fuel distributor and the throttle valve assembly. It is typically a slotted cheese-head screw. Adjust this with the engine fully warm and the A/C off, if so equipped.

JR
Old 03-05-2006, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Designer King

Clockwise = lower idle. CCW = higher. Does not affect the mixture.
Yellow 77 Sunroof Coupe/cork interior; 3.2L '80 SC engine/10.5:1/No O2; Carrera Tensioners; 11 Blade Fan; Turbo tie rods; Bilstein HDs; 28 tube Cooler; SSI, Dansk; MSD/Blaster; 16x7" Fuchs/205/50 Goodrich G Force Sport Comp 2; PCA/UCR, MID9
Never leave well enough alone
Old 03-05-2006, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Somatic Negative Optimist

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by spikej40m
I DID A SEARCH--IT APPEARS THERE IS A MIX. ADJ.& AN IDLE
ADJ. SCREW--I THOUGHT ID ASK BEFORE CHANGING ANYTHING.
Correct. The idle speed is adjusted with the large, slotted screw on the left side of the throttle plate body.
Mixture is adjusted with a long, LONG 3mm Allen wrench going into a small hole between fuel distributor and air-flow-sensor-plate-body. This small hole is on top of the two bodies and hard to find. Look at the top of the FD where all the fuel lines go into the FD. Now check down the left side of the FD for this small hole.

Do more search; there are pictures showing the location of these items.

Idle speed and mixture have to be set together AFTER valves, ignition, etc. is done. In other words, first the valve clearance, then the points and ignition timing, plugs...........
The mixture is done last but is hard to do unless you have a gas analizer or, with lots of experience, it can be done by ear.
If you don't know what you are doing, it won't get results.

The '77 configuration is very close to the SC's; I recommend that you get the Bentley SC Repair Manual. Lots of info in there.
It's important to learn how Bosch CIS works.

Good luck
Abstract Darwin Ipso Facto: "Life is evolutionary random and has no meaning as evidenced by 7 Billion paranoid talking monkeys with super-inflated egos and matching vanity worshipping illusionary Gods and Saviors ".

Last edited by Gunter; 03-05-2006 at 08:34 AM..
Old 03-05-2006, 08:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thanks guys--thats what i needed to know. I will get the Bently manual,
all i have is the Haynes presently

THANKS AGAIN
Old 03-05-2006, 04:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: