Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I remember reading an article a while back (maybe about Canepa's 959s) that said the normal non-sport models were rather "wallowy" compared to the "sport" model. The writer remarked he was amazed at the difference in feel and handling from the sport model, which IIRC had non adjustable shocks.....

Of course, I could be way off about which model had which equipment......

Cheers
Old 11-09-2007, 08:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Wayne,

As ever great stuff re the 959...a great pleasure to be able to learn so much about this iconic car.

I'll try to find an article in Evo magazine that pitted the 959 (Lord Mexborough's) against a 996TT.

It was an interesting read...and the conclusion I remember is that the 996TT was going to get you to your destination in less time, but the 959 would deliver you there with greater feeling and fun..and those feelings would last a lot longer...

I wonder if there is a local track that more closely replicates the N'bring...so that you can get a better 'feel' for the car...even contemporary road tests were not too impressed with its 'track' performance...the road revealing far more of its towering talent.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Wayne,
here are the wheels you wanted!!! what are the odds these would pop up.. they are RARE!
http://cgi.ebay.de/1-Satz-Magnesium-Rennfelgen-fuer-Porsche-959-961_W0QQitemZ290178782616QQihZ019QQcategoryZ9888QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-16-2007, 04:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: