Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Registered

Garage
Anyone using these seats?

I'm looking to replace the Corbeaus in my '73 911 with something a little more period-correct. I found some vintage Recaros and was wondering if anyone had them in their car. I would love to see some pictures of similar seats in a 911. My other option is going with some Monte Carlo seats from GTS Classics.

Thanks,
Jason

Old 07-11-2010, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I have recaro SEs which are a cloth seat but fairly similar to the seats you posted. Those look like E21 BMW 3 series recaros, and I know there are a bunch of folks with these in their porsches. Check the 'show your seats' thread on the earlySregistry board, I am quite certain there are pics there of these.

I wanted a set of GTS monte carlos but I could not beat the deal I got on my Recaro SEs. Wedge engineering sells the correct adapters to make em bolt right in.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to stormmaster Send a message via Yahoo to stormmaster
Here is a picture of my SEs that I had recovered to match my interior.

74 914
Old 07-11-2010, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I had a set in a 69 Karmann Ghia. Do they have a front slide out extension for your legs? Kinda looks like it, if so thats new to me. Super comfortable and very supportive too! Excellent find IMO.

Last edited by poorsche930; 07-11-2010 at 07:54 PM..
Old 07-11-2010, 07:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

I have a pair similarly upholstered that I have been thinking about putting in my 73.5 911T, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I've seen these and a few other period aftermarket Recaros in several early cars (no photos though), and think they look good if the materials are correct. I like the houndstooth. Here's a photo of my seats:

www.autoinno.com
www.AIRMotorSports.com
Old 07-11-2010, 10:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
George, those look pretty good. They're Recaros, too, right?
Old 07-11-2010, 10:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbscheff View Post
George, those look pretty good. They're Recaros, too, right?
Jason - Mine are also Recaros. They came out of another Porsche I bought a couple of years ago and were originally upholstered in gray & white leather with mesh headrests - very 80's. I saw a pair upholstered with houndstooth inserts in another car and thought they looked pretty good, so I had our upholsterer do these to match. We had to make the headrests, and I wanted them to be short, which they are. They aren't quite as large as the photos suggest, but I think they're a bit too thick so I may have them re-shaped to give them more of a contour like yours. the car I want to put these in is a very original 73.5T. My car is silver on black, and has standard seats currently. I think these will look good in the car, so I'll probably give it a try soon.

www.autoinno.com
www.AIRMotorSports.com
Old 07-11-2010, 11:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

This pic should help. These seats are so very comfortable with great support.

rgruppe #506
s reg. #1009
Old 07-12-2010, 02:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Not sure what kind of corbeaus you have, but mine look like the pics above (kind of) and maybe you could have them reupholstered with the hounds tooth??
Old 07-12-2010, 04:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
tobluforu, my corbeaus are a more modern design with the cutouts for a harness. Recovering just won't do it... The other pics look great, they helpd a lot. I'm heading to the seat maker tomorrow to see what I can work out.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: