Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

I give up! I need front spoiler help

OK, I've gone about 6 ways to sunday trying to create something different for my front spoiler and have failed (miserably I might add) every time.

I don't want the standard rubber lip on the SC. And I don't want an aftermarket lower valance either (none of them "do it" for me) I want the look of the old ST but on my SC lower valance. I also like the Singer front lip, but I assume that is custom and VERY expensive to replicate. When I get to the 100 mph range the car gets very rough (not that I'm there much). I think part of it is wheel balance but I'm sure its exaggerated by the lack of any spoiler up front and haveing a duck on the back. Like I said, I don't get there often so this is more for looks and less for aero but I'd like a little help keeping the front side down a bit at higher speed.

I think if I could get a trashed fiberglass ST bumper I could probably mesh my SC valance with it to create something unique. That said, I know there are A LOT of much smarter people out there than me so I am open to any ideas of how to acheive something along the lines described. And, anyone got a POS glass ST bumper they want to dump?

Last edited by mickey356; 07-12-2010 at 07:09 PM..
Old 07-12-2010, 07:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Max Sluiter

Garage
That's alot of negative camber!

You could probably make something similar if you learn fiberglass. Contact Milt aka Zeke or KevinP73 over in the paint/bodywork forum.

Suspension by Rebel Racing, Serviced by TLG Auto, Brakes by PMB Performance
http://www.flickr.com/photos/max_911_fahrer/
Old 07-12-2010, 07:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
just me

Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to paulgtr
the rubber lip might not be unique, but it is effective and very straightforward to add to your car. I have a ducktail and when I added the lip it really balanced the car out so much. even below 100
1975 911s, 3.2l and 915 transmission front oil cooler RUF replica bumper ducktail and SC rear flares SW chip ssi's m&k 2 in 1 out sc front calipers PF 97 pads fuchs 16 x 7 and 8 225/ 245 toyo ra-1s 22/29 torsion bars 25mm Charlie Bars Neatrix bushings lowered and corner balanced DAS bolt in roll bar kirkey seat 5 point harnesses.
http://www.hairydoggrrrage.com/
Old 07-12-2010, 07:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Come onnnn, there's got to be someone thats done something on their track car or something, no?

I know the factory lip is helpful, I had one on my car. I don't like the look but I want some sort of downforce. If it can be avoided I'd like to get something else, and I"m willing to work to get it. If I continue to fail miserably then I guess I can always pick up a rubber lip here somewhere.

I LOVE(D) Milts front valance!!!! Thats why I'm in this mess, because I saw that something else can be done. I have done enough fiberglass work that I could "clean up" an existing shape but I can't create a mold nor do I have to space and tools to.
I think if I could get an old ST bumper I could cut it and attach it to my SC valance then cut, shape and fill to make it look "factory".

Theres got to be someone other that Milt thats done something like this.

Old 07-13-2010, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: