Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > Porsche 911 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 2.60 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
3 restos WIP = psycho

Look like sixes and sevens x 16

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

- 1965 911
- 1969 911S
- 1980 911SC Targa
- 1979 930
Old 06-10-2017, 09:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Subscribe d.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bickyd View Post

looks familiar. Your granite green is a very nice color. My dark blue 88 is bone stock and sunroof delete. May I ask if you would post a pic of the rear seats in your car please? Grey green does not seem to be a very common color and I am curious to how it may have been mixed and matched by the factory. Your fortuny pattern and the Beatles will go together well. I look forward to your finished product. Cheers. Dan.
Thanks. I like your dark blue combined with the grey green. The interior was all grey green when I got it. Like yours, my carpets appeared silver, but that is from 30 years of fading. The original color of the carpet is almost the same as the leather. I ]had this confirmed when I ordered a sample of the gray green sliverknit from Lakewell.com. They are the only supplier that I found of the sliverknit in that OEM color.
As far as I have seen, the gray green interiors were either solid gray green or gray green with white piping. There was a gray green fabric "porsche" also. I haven't seen any other combinations. Every gray green carpet that I have seen appears silver at this point, so I was pleased to see the color of the sample from Lakewell.
1984 924s Nile Green Metallic with bone (totaled it in the snow in Cleveland, Ohio)
1983 911 White with Cherry Red...gave away (not enough time or money to keep it running) in 2001
Old 06-11-2017, 12:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by needspeed View Post
Nice. I'm also removing the tail on my 87. What size are the fuchs and where did you get them? I have a set on order from suncoast, but have not production date yet.
They 7s and 8s x16... used but in great shape. Got them from the dealer that I bought the car from - in Houston.
1984 924s Nile Green Metallic with bone (totaled it in the snow in Cleveland, Ohio)
1983 911 White with Cherry Red...gave away (not enough time or money to keep it running) in 2001
Old 06-11-2017, 12:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Great progress, can't wait to see more. All 911s need Fuchs; happy to see the aftermarkets go.

Of course you need the rocking stereo too.

1977 911S Targa Chocolate Brown
Old 06-11-2017, 02:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
100% Canadian Beef

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by echecsqueen View Post
Thanks. I like your dark blue combined with the grey green. The interior was all grey green when I got it. Like yours, my carpets appeared silver, but that is from 30 years of fading. The original color of the carpet is almost the same as the leather. I ]had this confirmed when I ordered a sample of the gray green sliverknit from Lakewell.com. They are the only supplier that I found of the sliverknit in that OEM color.
As far as I have seen, the gray green interiors were either solid gray green or gray green with white piping. There was a gray green fabric "porsche" also. I haven't seen any other combinations. Every gray green carpet that I have seen appears silver at this point, so I was pleased to see the color of the sample from Lakewell.
I apologize, i don't mean to highjack your thread. Do you know if all leather rear seat area is an option or a japan market standard feature? {ROW}The lakewell carpet is much darker and mine was the same color? patina? I appreciate the information and thank you.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
No apologies. I am so glad that there is interest!!

I hadn't seen the full leather rear before....nice! Mine came "partial leather" - what are your option codes?
Yes, the original carpet would have been much much darker - like the color of the binding. It makes more sense visually than the silver grey next to the greenish grey. Your carpet looks less faded than mine was. Also the texture of the original sliverknit is much softer and fuzzier - looks like a cotton ball.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
Thank you everyone for the encouraging words! I am really excited at how this is coming together. Today I am splitting the hides into 1/8" strips in order to do an Intreccia basket weave. I would like to do the lower dash trim and glovebox. Does anyone know if the dash trim (the flat section between the leather part and the knee pads) can be recovered and snapped back in? Mine is currently plastic I think.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Garage
At the risk of using a cliché, you go girl! Looking good!
Old 06-11-2017, 10:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
100% Canadian Beef

Garage
Quote:
No apologies. I am so glad that there is interest!!

I hadn't seen the full leather rear before....nice! Mine came "partial leather" - what are your option codes?
Yes, the original carpet would have been much much darker - like the color of the binding. It makes more sense visually than the silver grey next to the greenish grey. Your carpet looks less faded than mine was. Also the texture of the original sliverknit is much softer and fuzzier - looks like a cotton ball.
Other than the stickers under the rear deck lid, which I cannot read, this is the only sticker I can find. I believe this to be the paint code. I have the original japanese service book and stacks of service receipts. I do know that porsche had codes for groups of options which were considered standard in different countries and not listed as individual options. I think if I could get the grey green in a german square weave, I would prefer that but I have such a difficult time straying from stock. I guess that's why your project is so interesting to me. subscribed.

Old 06-11-2017, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
picts of switches, USB hub, extra 12V

I like this subtle garage door opener..better than some big gizmo hanging somewhere.

I thought this red double USB adapter was pretty nice. Doesn't stick out too much - figuring out how to put my lighter cap over it. I like the stealth.

Look how well the 12V fit into my fuse bay. It was like my car wanted that added .

It will be nice not having to put any grimy things into my interior for power (vacuum, air compressor etc). I can also charge my computer on the way to work.

Here is my shift boot, shift knob and my reno stock radio that now sounds awesome. Ordered some 80's cassettes off of eBay. my Aux plug works for the real tune.

What you don't see my V1 radar detector???? exactly

Old 06-11-2017, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Eng-o-neer

That paint color is fantastic.

What was it that made the speakers sound bad? I'd have expected that to have been a fine setup.

So far so good. It's okay to leave the front spoiler with no rear spoiler. It's the other way 'round that makes the front end light at speed.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
Basketweave 101

Yuck - like everything else this one has a huge learning curve. Notes to self:

1. the split skins (super soft and flexible) dont work for this....they stretch too much when trying to cut into strips - drat

2. The strips need to be tightened each row or else it looks sloppy. I am still trying to figure out the best way to tighten.....all ideas are welcome. Also even though i am using different colors, the strips need to be the same thickness or else it looks weird....hmmm maybe i need to get one piece and dye it different colors. Neatness counts for me.

3. I want the pattern of the basket weave to reflect (abstractly) the pattern of the fabric.

Here are some photos of the progress (or lack of)

Help me???
OH optimistic self combined with hubris

ewwww - why do the cross pieces look so weird (answer - they are too thin and stretch)

Ok so I need to affix the ends to something (note-buy a staple gun) and tighten up after each row.

Worst part - I have no idea how I will use this basketweave on the trim.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremelune View Post
That paint color is fantastic.
Thank you. Granite green...really changes according to the light. Wait until you see the floral motif I am airbrushing over it (sorry my dear purists...I respect your position, but I have joined the dark side)

What was it that made the speakers sound bad? I'd have expected that to have been a fine setup.
1. I needed to add an amp....the reno sqr 46 has a built in amp which is awful (i.e. nonexistent). when stock, I had midrange and tweeters in front that had totally corroded). Initially I added a "great 5.25 pair of all in one speakers" They fit, but had no mid range and the high end was super clip. Then I added the amp (under the passenger floor board!) and switched to component speakers with cross overs to get a good midrange.

So far so good. It's okay to leave the front spoiler with no rear spoiler. It's the other way 'round that makes the front end light at speed.
I removed both the whale tail and chin spoiler....they looked a little masculine for me. Same logic made me buy a 924S when I was a teen instead of a 944 turbo. It is all about personal taste.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan9eleven View Post
At the risk of using a cliché, you go girl! Looking good!
Thanks
Old 06-11-2017, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenikh View Post
Finally, someone who appreciates textiles. Baller.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Thank you - Never thought I would be called a Baller....but somehow it is a complement here LOL

I am all about textiles, and the contrast of different materials - colors, shapes and forms.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSBob View Post
Me thinks Xmas is your favorite holiday.

If you put on the duck tail, you will (need) to reinstall the chin spoiler.
It actually looks way more subtle than the pictures.....and no, Halloween is my favorite holiday - dress up, costumes, and be anything you want to be.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Other than the stickers under the rear deck lid, which I cannot read, this is the only sticker I can find. I believe this to be the paint code. I have the original japanese service book and stacks of service receipts. I do know that porsche had codes for groups of options which were considered standard in different countries and not listed as individual options. I think if I could get the grey green in a german square weave, I would prefer that but I have such a difficult time straying from stock. I guess that's why your project is so interesting to me. subscribed.

The queen approves...

I totally "get" remaining stock. To me, my choices were Either ...complete stock look OR Pimp my Ride do it my way. By buying a "driver" not a concours Car, I feel comfortable mod'ing it out to suit my wacky tastes and needs. My kids used to be embarrassed by my quirkiness, but they are older now so it doesn't matter.

I like the look of your car and think the gray green carpet from Lakewell would be awesome. I know of NOONE who does a gray green square weave. I dont think that color existed those years. That being said I have decided on a deep red square weave with my Fortuny as the edging. I couldn't find Gray green Leather to match my original. I should have cut the leather(vinyl) off my carpet before I threw it away but didn't....I assumed there would be an easy match (NOT).

I am still trying to decide what to do with the seats - I am tempted to use the leather border and inset my fabric in the center panels,.... What do y'all think?
Old 06-11-2017, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
Formerly known as Syzygy

Quote:
I apologize, i don't mean to highjack your thread. Do you know if all leather rear seat area is an option or a japan market standard feature? {ROW}The lakewell carpet is much darker and mine was the same color? patina? I appreciate the information and thank you.

To answer your hijack, the rear seat you show with the leather covering the centre section is indeed a Japanese market thing.

Here are a couple more from JDM market cars. Notice how the ones from the 964 and later are slightly different with some carpet on the centre transmission hump.

1989 3.2 911

1990 964

1987 ROW coupe, Marine blue, with a couple extra goodies.

The cars we love the best are the ones with human traits, warts and all.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Quote:
... - yes, I am blonde.
Really, according to you Avatar you are a Ginger

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Slanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 06-11-2017, 02:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: