Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Sort of OT...Paint sprayers

I've been looking for a simple spray setup for projects in the house and came across this line of sprayers
http://www.jackssmallengines.com/ch_hvlpsprayer.cfm

Has anyone used something like this and would it work for painting the P-car?

Thanks

Last edited by woodman; 04-28-2003 at 03:09 PM..
Old 04-28-2003, 12:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Never left, but not right

I couldn't get the link to work but I found the site. The guns they have look very similar to what you can get at Harbor Freight for less. HF may not have the HVLP gravity feed, but they are easy to come by at various prices.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

fixed the link...
Old 04-28-2003, 03:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Never left, but not right

I have the Wagner version of the $460.00 gun. Works pretty good on shutters, I wouldn't paint my car with it. LOL
Old 04-28-2003, 03:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Thumbs up Painting system

I also have the Wagner version, did great on a storage barn in back yard. I wouldn't paint my 914 with it! That could be because of the idiot running it,or the obvious low quality of the product. Stick with name brands for Auto work, DeVilbus or Binks, or simular. My 2 cents Dave
M.V.R.P.C.A.
73,BLACK ,2.0
Old 05-01-2003, 03:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
even the most expensive one on there doesn't look like anything I would trust. We just got a gravity feed gun from hf and it works amazing. I wish we woulda got rid of our old cannister gun along time ago now. For how much you would spend on one of those expensive hvlp guns you could probably by a mid size air compressor and a good gravity feed gun. I think we only paid like 80 bucks for our gun.

WSU Formula SAE
Drivetrain team leader/ Suspension team
http://www.mme.wsu.edu/~sae/
Old 05-01-2003, 06:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: