Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

914 V8 CONVERSION ON-LINE?

Hey, we are Renegade Hybrids and we've been doing Chevy V8 conversions on Porsches for about 16 years (we offer do-it-yourself kits.) We will be upgrading our website within the next month or so and we are considering incorporating a build-up on a 914 V8. We are planning on posting photographs of the various stages of the conversion, and of course, you would have to put up with our sarcastic commentary. Just wondering how much interest there may be, before we go through the effort. We would appreciate your feedback. Thanks.
Old 12-17-1999, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Hey! Nice Rack! "Celette"

Garage
I've been hangin around here for a couple of years now, reading all the posts, and trying to decide what to do about my tired 914. There has been a tremendous interest in conversions of all kinds here. Just a bit of advise, If I can be so forward. Get on the phone and ask Tom and Wayne what makes this site so great. Check out all the tech articles, and add the pelican banner to your site and earn free parts. (If the rules allow) Their following must be growing in leap and bounds. And If you need to replace things during your online conversion like cables, or do brake upgrades, ect. support Pelican Parts. These guys did their homework. I don't want to embarrass anyone, but When I got my 928-S motor home and started my conversion, I needed a little "T" fitting to replace the 914 porportioning valve and a couple of other things. I e-mailed them over a holiday and they filled my order and sent the parts right out. This only one example. This is not unusual HERE. Thanks again.
Old 12-18-1999, 05:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Hello,
I have been putting off buying your kit for financial reasons. Doing a build up would be a great help for me. And possibily convince the wife this is a doable project.
Anyway I have talked with several people and we agree adding a build up to your site would be very helpful.
PS: If you need a doner car mine is ready!
Old 12-18-1999, 06:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I would be very interested in any info on V8 conversions. I have an old packet of info from you (photo copied) but would like to see some updated stuff. I watch this site every day and have seen a lot of questions recently about conversions. Also I recently ordered your water pump package and was wandering what the status might be?

Thanks
Todd S
Old 12-18-1999, 04:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
10 yrs already??

i'm interested in body mods. I really like the chalon style that i have seen on the AA advertisements. as for engine conversions, i'm building a website for the nice guy with the 928 engine conversion and have a turbo fourcylender conversion of my own. but yeah, i'd like to see what you have if you put it on line.
Old 12-18-1999, 04:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I would very interested in seeing as much detail as you can provide. Do you do any other conversions - rotary, V6, Ford SHO.

Components, price lists, install hints, expected performance results, anything and everything would be appreciated.
Old 12-19-1999, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

I think you should do one on a V6 as well. I have been contimplating a conversion for a while now and the V6 makes more sense. Its a little lighter, and not so overpowering as the V8. In any event I think a step by step build up with photos would increase your sales. Everyone knows that you're the " King " of conversions. I also agree that you should also sell the body kits as well. You don't have to install them, just sell them. I think we can all agree that the 914 is just plain ugly. Why not sell style as well as power. Just my .02 cents worth. You can give change back. Christian
Old 12-19-1999, 12:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Well All I gotta say is:
Andy and Emily its about time!!!!!!! I think the new craze in the 914 world is the "918" cause its a natural!!! The midengine tub with the ultimate in HP is what people are wanting for.

"CLUB" racing could have a whole new meaning if there were enough 914/V8 cars out there to compete.

I think its a great idea and a long awaited one. I have just recently put up a site of my own: http://sites.netscape.net/gruppe5/homepage with a car I am redoing with the RH conversion in mind. I would be glad to interact with you on this project and also provide website services if your interested.

Old 12-19-1999, 01:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: