Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > Porsche 914 & 914-6 Technical Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Not 914, but maybe someone can help

OK mah peeps, here goes -
I picked up a '96 Dodge Ram, and am working some bugs out of it, but have a dilemma that the dealers haven't been any help with. My blower motor only works on "high", and no other setting. Sooooo, I replaced the blower-resistor, and checked the fuse, but still no-go. I pulled the switch out of the dash, but it's sealed in a large housing along with 2 other selectors, and it looks like a nightmare to remove and even worse to test. I don't know what to do, I figured it HAD to be the resistor - right?
Every place I call just wants me to "bring it in so we can spend a week tracing it and charging you hourly for it". Booo, hiss.
Any ideas???

Keep this 914 related, lessee...... "I ordered rear wheel bearings for my 914 from Pelican, and can't wait to install them."

Jeff
Old 09-29-2003, 07:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Good luck on the rear wheel bearings, it is not an easy job. Messy too. As for the blower motor, I had that same problem once and it turned out to be the switch. It may not be on yours but it is always worth a try.

75 Slantnose V8
03 S-10 Extended cab stepside in Yellow
72 914 Parts car
Old 09-29-2003, 05:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Mornin' folks!
I got ambitious last night and checked out the resistor connections - seems there are 2 sets of wires leading to the blower motor; one for the power supply and somehow, one for the resistor. The resistor wires led into the dash, and into another connector, which turned out to be UNPLUGGED! Wheee, now I have 5 different levels of heat for the impending deep freeze, how exciting.
As for the wheel bearings, a buddy of mine has a shop, and apparently has some specialized tools for doing those types of bearings. He said it'd take "only a few minutes for each side".
I'm looking forward to it!
Cheers,
Jeff
Old 09-30-2003, 04:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: